Proceeding Trains

j...@jodm.co.uk

Mar 9, 2017, 5:46:03 AM3/9/17
Hi all.

Signal Id: 1D08 - Service Code: 24673305: - Dorking to Waterloo gets in a 0640 and then becomes the:
Signal Id: 2F07 - Service Code: 24673605 - 0650 London Waterloo to Guildford.

I wondered if there was a way to know where a particular train is going next? E.g. Is there an ID for a train that can link the previous / next schedule records together.

I know there is the train movements feed where I guess I could subscribe to train activations and movements and then listen for terminates / create messages and match the platforms but wanted to know if this was possible from the SCHEDULE feed and if I am missing something?

Thanks.
James

petermount

Mar 9, 2017, 6:05:06 AM3/9/17
From schedule the only real way would be from associations, so for some services you'll see them linked.

Unfortunately not all services have these associations - like the one you've mentioned.

Tom Cairns

Mar 9, 2017, 6:06:04 AM3/9/17
to j...@jodm.co.uk, A gathering place for the Open Rail Data community
From the SCHEDULE feed, some service and location pairs will have Next Train Associations with which you can match up previous and next schedules. Other than this, using the NROD feeds you will need to match it manually through platform numbers as you have surmised.

The Darwin feed does contain a lot more in the way of this information with previous and next train formations in the same sort of manner.

Tom