Missing lots of Trust Data 2017-12-02

Adam Flax

Dec 2, 2017, 6:39:54 AM12/2/17
is anyone else missing lots Trust Data for today it seems like I'm only getting data for a 3rd of all journeys!

for instance I don't have any raw data for the following train ids 871A18MD18, 871A14MC25,  but I have trust data for  871A16MC02 (these are trains that run from VIC to BTN)

Tom Cairns

Dec 2, 2017, 6:47:17 AM12/2/17
to Adam Flax, A gathering place for the Open Rail Data community

I wouldn’t expect you to be getting data for the first two train IDs today as those ran on 18th and 25th respectively!

On RTT I seem to be receiving data for all trains running today as per normal.

Tom

Adam Flax

Dec 2, 2017, 6:49:14 AM12/2/17
Apologies I forgot to change the train ids (I was looking at historic activation) so it should be 871A18MD02, 871A14MC02,
thanks for the confirmation that your getting all data in I guess the issue is on my end.

Peter Hicks

Dec 2, 2017, 11:00:29 AM12/2/17
to Adam Flax, A gathering place for the Open Rail Data community
Hi Adam

There were 30 and 29 TRUST messages sent for the first and second trains respectively.  I've recorded all of them in log files this end.

It's possible you're not pulling data quickly enough - if you can, check the delta between the 'msg_queue_timestamp' field in a message (divide by 100 to get seconds since the UNIX epoch) and the current time.  They should be only a few seconds out: the closer to zero, the quicker the messages are reaching you from TRUST.  If it's anything above 10 seconds, especially on a reasonably quiet day such as Saturday, you might want to look at speeding up how you process messages.

Peter

OpenTrainTimes Ltd. registered in England and Wales, company no. 09504022.
Registered office: 13a Davenant Road, Upper Holloway, London N19 3NW