Getting started with Darwin Web Service (Staff)

Callum

Mar 22, 2017, 6:09:01 AM3/22/17
Hi everyone,

Are there any examples of queries using the "Darwin Web Service (Staff)" API that would help me get started with it?

I'm not really familiar with SOAP it's not obvious where I'm making mistakes, it would be great something simple that definitely worked and then experimnt from there.

I've been trying to just use GetStationList as a simple example, taking the query shown at http://nrodwiki.rockshore.net/index.php/GetStationList and using curl to send it in to the provided web service endpoint.

However, I just get back:

[nre]$ curl https://lite.realtime.nationalrail.co.uk/OpenLDBSVWS/wsdl.aspx -H 'Content-type: text/xml' --data @test1.soap
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<wsdl:definitions xmlns:wsdl="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/" xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/soap/" xmlns:soap12="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/soap12/" xmlns:sv="http://thalesgroup.com/RTTI/2016-02-16/ldbsv/" xmlns:ref="http://thalesgroup.com/RTTI/2015-05-14/ldbsv_ref/" targetNamespace="http://thalesgroup.com/RTTI/2016-02-16/ldbsv/">

<wsdl:import namespace="http://thalesgroup.com/RTTI/2016-02-16/ldbsv/" location="rtti_2016-02-16_ldbsv.wsdl" />

<wsdl:import namespace="http://thalesgroup.com/RTTI/2015-05-14/ldbsv_ref/" location="rtti_2015-05-14_ldbsv_ref.wsdl" />

<wsdl:service name="ldbsv">
<wsdl:port name="LDBSVServiceSoap" binding="sv:LDBSVServiceSoap">
<soap:address location="https://lite.realtime.nationalrail.co.uk/OpenLDBSVWS/ldbsv10.asmx" />
</wsdl:port>
<wsdl:port name="LDBSVServiceSoap12" binding="sv:LDBSVServiceSoap12">
<soap12:address location="https://lite.realtime.nationalrail.co.uk/OpenLDBSVWS/ldbsv10.asmx" />
</wsdl:port>
<wsdl:port name="LDBSVRefServiceSoap" binding="ref:LDBSVRefServiceSoap">
<soap:address location="https://lite.realtime.nationalrail.co.uk/OpenLDBSVWS/ldbsvref.asmx" />
</wsdl:port>
<wsdl:port name="LDBSVRefServiceSoap12" binding="ref:LDBSVRefServiceSoap12">
<soap12:address location="https://lite.realtime.nationalrail.co.uk/OpenLDBSVWS/ldbsvref.asmx" />
</wsdl:port>
</wsdl:service>

</wsdl:definitions>

There dosn't seem (to me) to be an obvious error in that response, so I'm not really sure what I'm doing wrong. The endpoint is the one I was emailed after registering, the token value was copy&pasted (and I've checked there's no stray space at the start/end).

Could anyone advise on a really simple example I could use just to check that I've got the basics okay?

Thanks,

Callum

Stuart Bain

Mar 22, 2017, 6:49:13 AM3/22/17
Hi Callum,

I'd recommend downloading SoapUI https://www.soapui.org/ to get started. It'll help you navigate the API and figure out what XML you need to send.

Stuart

Rail Ale Fan

Mar 22, 2017, 7:02:22 AM3/22/17
Hi Callum,

Rather than the .wsdl URL you need submit the request to the reference service end-point which is;

https://lite.realtime.nationalrail.co.uk/OpenLDBSVWS/ldbsvref.asmx

That should be all it is - I just tried the exact same example request body and curl command line but with the above URL and received the station list response as expected.

Cheers

callum.b...@gmail.com

Mar 22, 2017, 8:18:49 AM3/22/17
Perfect, that works fine.