Re: [openraildata-talk] No responce after sending license

Peter Hicks

Sep 7, 2016, 4:18:31 AM9/7/16
to Alexander MacLeod, A gathering place for the Open Rail Data community
Hi Alexander

Knowledgebase XML and OJP require licences, but if you're referring to the Live Departure Boards APIs and the Push Port, then you can accept the licence online.

I applied for the Incidents XML feed a while ago and it was fairly swift.  However, it's an entirely manual process (as was the LDB API licence at one point) but still, waiting three weeks is a bit of a long time even taking in to account annual leave etc.

For the semi-static XML feeds, you will need to provide your IP address and it'll get whitelisted on the CDN provider's side so you can access the feeds without authentication.  This is the part that took the longest for me - likely the CDN provider batches up configuration changes rather than doing them in bulk.

I'll see if I can give somebody I know at NRE a nudge and ask them to reply to you.

Cheers,

Peter

On Wed, 7 Sep 2016 at 09:13 Alexander MacLeod <alexander...@gmail.com> wrote:
I applied for licenses to the Darwin feeds, Knowledgebase XMLs and OJP around 5 weeks ago. I filled out my NRE licence form and sent it back to a National Rail representative that I'd been speaking to previously. I then received an email back with a "thank you" and no additional information. I'm yet to receive a reply after this e-mail and it has been over three weeks. I am unsure whether the next stage of the process comes from my end or National Rail.

Would anyone be able to describe their experiences with obtaining licences and explain the next step of the process?

Thanks,
Alexander

Side note: I have sent two emails asking what the next stage of the process is and so far, I have received no response

Alexander MacLeod

Sep 7, 2016, 6:23:58 AM9/7/16
to A gathering place for the Open Rail Data community, alexander...@gmail.com
Hi Peter,

Thanks for this. I just needed reassurance that I will eventually get access to the data. I have since been contacted by a National Rail representative and hopefully the process will be completed shortly.

Kind regards,
Alexander