Unable to connect since 09:06 23 Nov. '15

Richard Williams

Nov 25, 2015, 7:54:20 AM11/25/15
Having had a system successfully processing the TD data feeds for a couple of years, I've been unable to connect since 09:06 Nov. 23 due to Unknown STOMP error. Has anything changed in the method of connection etc. that would cause this problem?

Peter Hicks

Nov 25, 2015, 8:05:21 AM11/25/15
to Richard Williams, A gathering place for the Open Rail Data community
Hi Richard

Nothing's changed that I'm aware of, or that's been publicised - some things to check:

  * Can you log in to https://datafeeds.networkrail.co.uk/ with your username and password successfully?
  * Is your account showing as 'Active'?
  * What client are you using?
  * Is there any further data that comes back from the server, e.g. a Java stack trace, that might help?

Peter

On Wed, 25 Nov 2015 at 12:54 Richard Williams <ric...@everything4it.co.uk> wrote:
Having had a system successfully processing the TD data feeds for a couple of years, I've been unable to connect since 09:06 Nov. 23 due to Unknown STOMP error. Has anything changed in the method of connection etc. that would cause this problem?

Richard Williams

Nov 25, 2015, 8:14:30 AM11/25/15

On Wednesday, 25 November 2015 12:54:20 UTC, Richard Williams wrote:
Having had a system successfully processing the TD data feeds for a couple of years, I've been unable to connect since 09:06 Nov. 23 due to Unknown STOMP error. Has anything changed in the method of connection etc. that would cause this problem?

I can still log in to the data feed web site and it shows that I'm still subscribed to the TD feeds I want to process.  I'm using the Stomp s/w in PHP.  the server I connect to is tcp://datafeeds.networkrail.co.uk:61618.  Is this still correct?

Peter Hicks

Nov 25, 2015, 9:18:48 AM11/25/15

On Wed, 25 Nov 2015 at 13:14 Richard Williams <ric...@everything4it.co.uk> wrote:

I can still log in to the data feed web site and it shows that I'm still subscribed to the TD feeds I want to process.  I'm using the Stomp s/w in PHP.  the server I connect to is tcp://datafeeds.networkrail.co.uk:61618.  Is this still correct?

That's the right one - but check that, when you log in, your User State is "Active".

If it is active, the getMessage method on the StompException raised by the PHP Stomp library should return a helpful message.  I've not used PHP for a number of years, so there may be other methods you can call that'll return more useful information.

Peter