Unauthorised response.

Flavia Saplacan

Jan 29, 2016, 9:33:43 AM1/29/16

I'm trying to connect to get schedule updates.
I took the example in python from github and put my data in, but I keep on getting unauthorised.
Any hints on what I might not be working? The account is kinda new so I don't think it has been deactivated.
I used the username/password/guid that show up in the My feeds/ Feed information table.

Thanks,
Flavia

Peter Hicks

Jan 30, 2016, 6:49:29 AM1/30/16
to Flavia Saplacan, A gathering place for the Open Rail Data community
Hi Flavia

What's the exact error message you get?  Don't post your GUID in the 'My Feeds' page :)

Peter

Flavia Saplacan

Feb 1, 2016, 3:05:05 AM2/1/16
to A gathering place for the Open Rail Data community, flavia....@gmail.com
Hi,

Well basically:

Prompt :received an error java.lang.SecurityException: User name [<<info from Feed box>>] or password is invalid.
at org.apache.activemq.security.SimpleAuthenticationBroker.addConnection(SimpleAuthenticationBroker.java:85)
at org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerFilter.addConnection(BrokerFilter.java:92)
at org.apache.activemq.broker.MutableBrokerFilter.addConnection(MutableBrokerFilter.java:97)
at org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnection.processAddConnection(TransportConnection.java:764)
at org.apache.activemq.broker.jmx.ManagedTransportConnection.processAddConnection(ManagedTransportConnection.java:79)
at org.apache.activemq.command.ConnectionInfo.visit(ConnectionInfo.java:139)
at org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnection.service(TransportConnection.java:294)
at org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnection$1.onCommand(TransportConnection.java:148)
at org.apache.activemq.transport.MutexTransport.onCommand(MutexTransport.java:45)
at org.apache.activemq.transport.AbstractInactivityMonitor.onCommand(AbstractInactivityMonitor.java:270)
at org.apache.activemq.transport.stomp.StompTransportFilter.sendToActiveMQ(StompTransportFilter.java:87)
at org.apache.activemq.transport.stomp.ProtocolConverter.sendToActiveMQ(ProtocolConverter.java:199)
at org.apache.activemq.transport.stomp.ProtocolConverter.onStompConnect(ProtocolConverter.java:766)
at org.apache.activemq.transport.stomp.ProtocolConverter.onStompCommand(ProtocolConverter.java:263)
at org.apache.activemq.transport.stomp.StompTransportFilter.onCommand(StompTransportFilter.java:75)
at org.apache.activemq.transport.TransportSupport.doConsume(TransportSupport.java:83)
at org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport.doRun(TcpTransport.java:214)
at org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport.run(TcpTransport.java:196)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)

received an error org.apache.activemq.transport.stomp.ProtocolException: Not connected.
at org.apache.activemq.transport.stomp.ProtocolConverter.checkConnected(ProtocolConverter.java:838)
at org.apache.activemq.transport.stomp.ProtocolConverter.onStompSubscribe(ProtocolConverter.java:555)
at org.apache.activemq.transport.stomp.ProtocolConverter.onStompCommand(ProtocolConverter.java:258)
at org.apache.activemq.transport.stomp.StompTransportFilter.onCommand(StompTransportFilter.java:75)
at org.apache.activemq.transport.TransportSupport.doConsume(TransportSupport.java:83)
at org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport.doRun(TcpTransport.java:214)
at org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport.run(TcpTransport.java:196)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)

James Singleton

Feb 2, 2016, 9:18:21 AM2/2/16
to A gathering place for the Open Rail Data community, flavia....@gmail.com
Hi Flavia,

I've not tried that Python example but I have had success with the .NET client. That uses port 61616 but the Python code uses 61613. Perhaps this is important.

These connect to the National Rail Darwin Push Port. You should use the credentials from https://datafeeds.nationalrail.co.uk/#/filter. The username and password should remain as d3user and d3password, you only need to enter your GUID queue name. The first letter of this is capitalized but I don't know if that's important.

If you're looking to connect to the Network Rail feeds then these are separate (very confusing names I know). You should use the same credentials that you log on to https://datafeeds.networkrail.co.uk/ntrod/ with. A GUID or queue name is not used here. This uses port 61618.

If you are looking for another example in Python then you could try this: https://github.com/HackTrain/bigdatadarwin

Thanks,
James

Flavia Saplacan

Feb 2, 2016, 10:40:30 AM2/2/16
to A gathering place for the Open Rail Data community, flavia....@gmail.com
Hi James,

I think the different ports are one for OpenWire one for STOMP (according to this: http://nrodwiki.rockshore.net/index.php/Darwin:Push_Port ).
I will have a look at the other example you posted.

Thanks for the reply,
Flavia

Peter Hicks

Feb 2, 2016, 4:13:07 PM2/2/16

On 1 Feb 2016, at 08:05, Flavia Saplacan <flavia....@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

Well basically:

Prompt :received an error java.lang.SecurityException: User name [<<info from Feed box>>] or password is invalid.

Just to check - are you using the username ‘d3user’ and password ‘d3password’?  Or are you using an email address and password?

Peter

signature.asc

Flavia Saplacan

Feb 3, 2016, 3:09:19 AM2/3/16
to A gathering place for the Open Rail Data community, flavia....@gmail.com
Hi Peter, I was using ‘d3user’ and password ‘d3password’, but I also tried with the email address and password when that failed.
None of them worked.

Peter Hicks

Feb 3, 2016, 7:46:00 AM2/3/16
to Flavia Saplacan, A gathering place for the Open Rail Data community
Hi Flavia

That's strange - I've installed the Python script from Github, run "pip install stomp.py" and in the conn.subscribe line, set destination='/queue/D3<queue>', and I can get data fine.

Which version of Python are you using?  (check with python --version)  Also, which version of stomp.py are you using?  (check with pip list | grep stomp.py)

Peter

Flavia Saplacan

Feb 3, 2016, 7:59:26 AM2/3/16
to A gathering place for the Open Rail Data community, flavia....@gmail.com
Hi Peter,

I'm using Python 2.7.6

And stomp.py (4.1.5)

Flavia

Flavia Saplacan

Feb 4, 2016, 6:00:11 AM2/4/16
to A gathering place for the Open Rail Data community, flavia....@gmail.com
Hi

Thanks for the help, seems to be working now, as I understand some sort of activation for the account.