TD and TRUST feed instability

Peter Hicks

Sep 9, 2017, 4:03:53 PM9/9/17
to openraildata-talk
All,

Is anyone else seeing TD messages missing and delayed?  My throughout graphs show this:

Looks like something happened about 5.45pm.

Peter

Phil Wieland

Sep 10, 2017, 5:00:36 AM9/10/17
Probably too late to be of use, but yes, the feeds were poor from 17:45, with the latency on TD messages gradually rising to a peak of an hour and a half!

Then at 21:00 the message rate suddenly rocketed to an impressive 2,000 TD frames per minute (Compared with the usual 100 to 150) and the latency wound down to zero.

Frankly, I didn't bother to come on here because this is just business as usual.  There was also a smaller outage in the morning about 07:00.

Phil

Tom Thorpe

Oct 2, 2017, 3:09:10 PM10/2/17
This seems to be running about 45 minutes delayed on the push port again this evening. I’ve emailed support.

Would be nice if someone is around to look at it this evening, but if not at least they will know there was a problem :-)

It seemed that we were getting these issues less often for a while, hopefully it doesn’t get worse again...

petermount

Oct 3, 2017, 5:59:02 AM10/3/17
It looks like someone restarted something around 9pm. Looking at my logs the TD feed recovered & stabilised once it caught up with the backlog around 9:20ish.

That said I only saw a lag after that restart, before then it looked normal.