Two scheduled trains

WantStuff

Mar 7, 2018, 3:16:34 AM3/7/18
Whilst looking at yesterday’s feeds I can see what appears to be two trains scheduled for the same route and time but with different Schedule UIDs and am trying to work out which one would be shown.
I think I’m correctly following https://nrodwiki.rockshore.net/index.php/HowSchedulingWorks but I must be missing something.

6th March
Route: LDS to KGS on GR
Departing: 17:45
Identity: 1A45
Schedule UIDs: O78557 and Y70108
STP Inds: STP and WTT
Both services were cancelled.

Phil Wieland

Mar 7, 2018, 3:45:34 AM3/7/18
At 05/03/18 16:24:08 I received a cancellation for Y70108 in the VSTP stream.  (See http://www.charlwoodhouse.co.uk/rail/liverail/train/12672133)

At 06/03/18 10:43:51 also in the VSTP stream 78557 was created  (See http://www.charlwoodhouse.co.uk/rail/liverail/train/12681751/6/3)

So only 78557 was valid.  Later it was cancelled in the TRUST stream.

Phil

WantStuff

Mar 7, 2018, 1:54:14 PM3/7/18
Thanks Phil, that makes sense

Mike Playle

Mar 8, 2018, 4:31:12 PM3/8/18
On Wednesday, March 7, 2018 at 8:45:34 AM UTC, Phil Wieland wrote:
At 05/03/18 16:24:08 I received a cancellation for Y70108 in the VSTP stream.  (See http://www.charlwoodhouse.co.uk/rail/liverail/train/12672133)

At 06/03/18 10:43:51 also in the VSTP stream 78557 was created  (See http://www.charlwoodhouse.co.uk/rail/liverail/train/12681751/6/3)

I'm a bit puzzled.

These appear to be passenger services. I was under the impression, for a couple of different reasons, that VSTP didn't carry any information on passenger trains.

Was I wrong about this?

Mike

Tom Cairns

Mar 8, 2018, 4:33:04 PM3/8/18
to Mike Playle, A gathering place for the Open Rail Data community

The VSTP feed can certainly carry information for any train. The difference is that, from memory, Darwin doesn’t use the VSTP feed for its train service feed so passenger trains effectively need to be entered once into Darwin and once into what generates the NR VSTP feed.

Tom

Rail Delivery Group

Mar 13, 2018, 6:05:35 AM3/13/18
I can confirm that Darwin doesn't currently use the VSTP feed as we've historically found the information direct from TOCs to be more reliable. However, this is under review and as part of the work looking at NRs Train Management Service the usage of VSTP by Darwin will be reassessed.