darwin message timestamps

Kevin O'Dwyer

Sep 25, 2015, 11:17:09 AM9/25/15
I noticed that darwin messages do not necessarily arrive with incrementing timestamp (pport.Ts). Rare but did seem to happen (i'm hoping it isn't a consequence of the messaging solution at my end).  The biggest back-in-time step i saw today was 5 seconds (25/9). Is there some invariant i can use? I assume all messages should be strictly applied in timestamp order.

Peter Hicks

Sep 25, 2015, 12:21:19 PM9/25/15
to Kevin O'Dwyer, A gathering place for the Open Rail Data community
Hi Kevin

On 25 Sep 2015, at 16:17, Kevin O'Dwyer <kevo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I noticed that darwin messages do not necessarily arrive with incrementing timestamp (pport.Ts). Rare but did seem to happen (i'm hoping it isn't a consequence of the messaging solution at my end). The biggest back-in-time step i saw today was 5 seconds (25/9). Is there some invariant i can use? I assume all messages should be strictly applied in timestamp order.

Darwin messages should be sent out in the order they’re received. I’ll check the log files - what time did this happen? Are you seeing this happen multiple times during the day?

Peter

signature.asc

Kevin O'Dwyer

Sep 29, 2015, 6:47:33 AM9/29/15
to A gathering place for the Open Rail Data community, kevo...@gmail.com
I will keep an eye on it and post an update when i see something.  For the moment i place this in the 'probably wrong at my end' bucket.