Data for railcard application rules

Linus Norton

Dec 5, 2017, 6:56:00 AM12/5/17

I was just looking at some of the details of the senior railcard an I noted that like many others it has this statement:

Discounts are not available on tickets for travel on morning Peak period services, if a journey both starts and ends within the London & South East area, Monday to Friday; except on public holidays.

Looking through the data I can't really see that it is enforced anywhere. The SDS ticket type has a discount category of 1 which says status 006 (SRN) can have a discount of 34%.

There is no information in the railcard geography for SRN.

The SRN restriction code (R6) does have a time band restriction that specifies a minimum fare must be applied before 10am but there is no minimum fare set for SDS and senior railcards.

Is there some crucial bit of data I'm missing that links railcard application of certain ticket types to specific locations?

Many thanks,

Linus

Richard Lamberton

Dec 6, 2017, 1:37:29 PM12/6/17
Linus, IIRC the geography for this check can be found in the data for the "Network Railcard" i.e. railcard code NEW. The NEW railcard should have the relevant geography data which must be used to check against the journey - If the journey is solely within this geography then the other railcard discount (e.g. SRN) cannot be applied for peak travel times.
Regards,
Richard

Linus Norton

Dec 6, 2017, 1:51:04 PM12/6/17
to Richard Lamberton, A gathering place for the Open Rail Data community
Hi Richard,

That sounds like a sensible thing to do.

Thanks,

Linus