AD(Active Directory Integration) / Video codecs implementation

Rakesh Petkar

Dec 13, 2013, 12:08:54 AM12/13/13
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hi Team,

1) -->Did anyone tried implementing Active directory authentication to server without creating username and password from admin console?

I tried it by modifying server.conf file which could not help me out and getting "invalid DN syntax error" and  "object is not iterable error" though it is valid and tested from separate python script.

I believe it execute kauth.py script to authenticate the user ,Even I tried with "python kauth.py -s servername -u usermail -p passwd -b base_dn" but not working.

Here is my code :- server.conf

OpenQwaq.AD.Enabled: true
OpenQwaq.AD.ServerName: ldap://ldap.example.com:389
OpenQwaq.AD.BaseDN: o=example.com
OpenQwaq.AD.AuthScript: /home/openqwaq/server/bin/utils/kauth.py

Please let me know what should be the valid entry in server.conf file to authenticate network users.

2)--->  Where do I get free codecs to implement video feature in openqwaq, without this I cannot record and play videos in sessions.
It will be great if there is some info on implementing video feature in openqwaq (Just to save my  googling time)

Ron Teitelbaum

Dec 13, 2013, 12:41:47 AM12/13/13
to open...@googlegroups.com

Hi Rakesh,

I don’t believe the AD code works.  We did a number of LDAP implementations.  The groups on the admin screen were intended to work with AD.  You add groups to orgs like they are people.  I wouldn’t recommend using that either.  Each implementation was a one off and parts of that authentication were just scraped.  When 3D ICC purchased Teleplace I rewrote the SAML, OAUTH, LDAP and AD authentication to use more standard modules.  That code is not released publically.  We have also added a number of new features for auto-provision.  You should probably just consider what you are seeing as some old work in progress, and feel free to write something that works for you instead, and contribute it back.

The codec included in the Open Source code is x264  http://www.videolan.org/developers/x264.html.

All the best,

Ron Teitelbaum

Head Of Engineering

3d Immersive Collaboration Consulting

r...@3dicc.com

Follow Me On Twitter: @RonTeitelbaum

www.3dicc.com

https://www.google.com/+3dicc

rakesh

Dec 16, 2013, 8:57:35 AM12/16/13
to open...@googlegroups.com
Great work Ron !

Since I am a beginner to this product I really want to contribute something by learning ..Please let me know what and all the technologies used to build this product like(python,php,squeak etc) and how to understand the inner workflow of this product.
I mean to say the architecture of this opensource product.

Göran Krampe

Dec 16, 2013, 9:44:41 AM12/16/13
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys!

On 12/16/2013 02:57 PM, rakesh wrote:
> Great work Ron !
>
> Since I am a beginner to this product I really want to contribute
> something by learning ..Please let me know what and all the technologies
> used to build this product like(python,php,squeak etc) and how to

There's a LOT of technologies. :)

> understand the inner workflow of this product.
> I mean to say the architecture of this opensource product.

I just wanted to explain a few things .

First of all, the system is complex. I am a very experienced Smalltalk
developer (and also a range of other languages) and it is still quite
complicated even for me ;)

This complexity comes in several parts:

1. It's BIG. Lots of code. Mostly Smalltalk but also parts in C, C++,
PHP, Python and... well, those probably cover most.

2. It's distributed. Not just client/server but the server parts are in
fact several different servers communicating with each other,
potentially on several machines.

3. The core of the system is based on the Croquet TeaTime model.
Basically its "complicated stuff" :) See:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Croquet_Project#Synchronization_architecture

4. Lots of other technologies (codecs, sound blablabla) involved as
C/C++-libraries that are usually wrapped in so called VM plugins for the
Squeak (Cog) VM. Just making all these build properly is a lot of work
in itself.

5. Lots of other open source pieces like Apache, PHP, MySQL etc etc.

So while you can gradually dig yourself into the code and make tweaks
and fixes here and there - you probably will not be able to do so unless
you at least pick up "ABC" in Smalltalk (Squeak 4.x).

One example was the recent discussion about MySQL vs MS SQL. The RDB is
used BOTH from the PHP parts and the Smalltalk parts. Without knowing
Smalltalk and how you change that part of the system, its hard to just
replace MySQL.

regards, G�ran

Rakesh Petkar

Jan 9, 2014, 2:42:42 AM1/9/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for sharing valuable info Goran, Still I could not figure out how the user will be authenticated from client machine.
May I know what happens and which files/vm's will be refferred once the user log in from client application. It will be great if you explain me the authentication model of this system.