Replacing MySql with MS Sql 2008 remote database.

Rakesh Petkar

Dec 6, 2013, 9:04:16 AM12/6/13
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hi Team,

First I would like to thank for making this product opensource and the guys who are working hard to help others on issue's.

I could able to install openqwaq on 64 bit m/c and it is working awesome as like 32 bit.

Now I am doing 2 experiments:-

1-  Replacing Mysql with remote MSSql 2008 database.

         Modified mysql queries in /home/openqwaq/server/admin/adminapi.php to mssql queries.
         Installed "SQL server Native client 11.0" driver   and I could able to connect database from openqwaq admin console("http://servername/admin") and can create,delete users, groups etc...
         But the problem is I am Recieving "Database login error"  when I try to login from teleplace client. Attached screen shot.

I believe there is some file in server which handles authentication from client to database. Please let me know how can i replace mysql with MSSql database.

2- How do I implement LDAP login.So that ldap users should be able to login to server without creating there id's from admin console.

teleplace.JPG

Ron Teitelbaum

Dec 6, 2013, 11:23:26 AM12/6/13
to open...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

You would need to change the smalltalk connector framework to support the native driver.  There are a number of ways to support active directory.  Once you have that working you can auto-provision the clients to create accounts, the system only needs the users email and name.  You can use AD groups to decide what orgs users have access too.  At 3d ICC we developed a full SAML / AD authentication module that we use for this.

All the best,

Ron Teitelbaum

Head Of Engineering

3d Immersive Collaboration Consulting

r...@3dicc.com

Follow Me On Twitter: @RonTeitelbaum

www.3dicc.com

https://www.google.com/+3dicc

Darius Clarke

Dec 6, 2013, 12:59:44 PM12/6/13
to open...@googlegroups.com
Open Cobalt has an LDAP interface. Perhaps you can borrow the code from there.

I added LDAP to Open Cobalt. If there's a compelling business reason, I could be ask to add it to Open Croquet.

Darius Clarke

Rakesh Petkar

Dec 10, 2013, 4:08:26 AM12/10/13
to open...@googlegroups.com

Hi Ron, I am beginner to squeak , It will be great if you provide me the guidance on how to change smalltalk framework.
Let me know if you have any study link which I could able to learn and implement.

Rakesh Petkar

Dec 10, 2013, 4:24:41 AM12/10/13
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ron, I am beginner to squeak , It will be great if you provide me the guidance on how to change smalltalk framework.
Let me know if you have any study link which I could able to learn and implement.

Ron Teitelbaum

Dec 10, 2013, 8:59:40 AM12/10/13
to open...@googlegroups.com

Hi Rakesh,

There are a number of good resources out there for learning Squeak.  Have a look around I’m sure you will find some.  Also you should not be trying to use the Teleplace client.  Teleplace requires a commercial license.  We are no longer offering Teleplace.  That product has been renamed and is now sold under the name Terf™ by 3dicc (www.3dicc.com).   If you are looking for commercial support you can reach us at in...@3dicc.com

rakesh

Dec 11, 2013, 1:26:31 AM12/11/13
to open...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Ron ,I will look around on squeak learning and replace teleplace client with Openqwaq client application.

Regards,
Rakesh