using a consequence model with oq-lite

Hyeuk Ryu

Jan 21, 2016, 6:01:10 PM1/21/16
to OpenQuake Users
Hi,

I've just ran a demo which uses a consequence model using the oq-lite not the oq-engine.
And I did not get any output regarding loss only damage. Is it because of the oq-lite?
Thanks.

Regards,

Hyeuk

anirudh.rao

Jan 22, 2016, 4:31:31 AM1/22/16
to OpenQuake Users
Hi Hyeuk,

The scenario damage demo which uses a consequence model calculates and stores the consequences for each individual asset, consequences aggregated by taxonomy, and consequences aggregated for the entire portfolio. If you run this demo using oq-lite, you should see these listed as csq_by_asset, csq_by_taxon, and csq_total in the datastore.

Regards,
Anirudh

Hyeuk Ryu

Jan 22, 2016, 5:03:06 AM1/22/16
to OpenQuake Users
Hi Anirudh,

Thanks for your kind reply. That's what I expected, but the loss results were not generated from either the  OQ-engine and oq-lite with --export xml option. I'm not sure if I missed something in the ini file especially export or output section.
Thanks.

Regards,

Hyeuk

anirudh.rao

Jan 22, 2016, 5:19:50 AM1/22/16
to OpenQuake Users, dyn...@gmail.com
Hi Hyeuk,

The consequence results are csv files. Thus, if you are using the --export option along with --run to export all outputs at once after the calculation is completed, you would need to use --exports xml,csv to ensure that outputs in csv format also get exported. If you wish to export all results of a particular calculation after it has finished running, you can also use oq-engine --eos calc_id target_dir .

Regards,
Anirudh

Hyeuk Ryu

Jan 22, 2016, 6:01:11 AM1/22/16
to OpenQuake Users, dyn...@gmail.com
Hi,

Thanks for your time.
I see the inconsistency between scenario risk calculation and scenario damage calculation along with consequence model in terms of output. I prefer xml as it is more flexible than csv. And looks like tools in the RMTK are written mainly aiming for XML not CSV. Is there a certain reason why the consequence results are exported to csv file?
Thanks.

Regards,

Hyeuk

anirudh.rao

Jan 22, 2016, 8:16:11 AM1/22/16
to OpenQuake Users, dyn...@gmail.com
Hi Hyeuk,

Although both XML and CSV have their relative merits, many users of the OpenQuake risk calculators have repeatedly indicated that they find CSV to be a more friendly format for use in spreadsheet and GIS applications. Thus, over the next few months we are planning to provide outputs also in CSV format wherever it makes sense. Meanwhile, the existing XML output formats will continue to be supported by the parsing and plotting tools in the RMTK.

Here we have some templates for the new CSV formats for outputs from the scenario damage and risk calculators:
Please feel free to provide suggestions / comments on the proposed formats at the above links.

Thank you!
Anirudh