Damping Ratio

Laurenz Luigi Cruz

Jul 10, 2017, 3:58:41 AM7/10/17
to OpenQuake Users
I would like to ask if it's possible to change the damping ratio for a classical PSHA using openquake.

Thank you very much.

Graeme Weatherill

Jul 10, 2017, 4:06:16 AM7/10/17
to openqua...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, right now there are no specific tools with which that can be done inside the OQ-engine, and we have no GMPEs supported that define coefficients for damping ratios other than 0.05. The only option might be to use damping modification formulae (such as those of Eurocode 8) to adjust the values of the hazard curves/maps/UHS a posteriori.

On 10/07/2017 09:58, Laurenz Luigi Cruz wrote:
I would like to ask if it's possible to change the damping ratio for a classical PSHA using openquake.

Thank you very much.

Laurenz Luigi Cruz

Jul 10, 2017, 5:42:13 AM7/10/17
to OpenQuake Users
Noted on this.

Thank you very much for your prompt response.

Noong Lunes, Hulyo 10, 2017 ng 4:06:16 PM UTC+8, si Graeme Weatherill ay sumulat: