sourceGroup

Phil Cummins

Sep 14, 2016, 11:46:14 PM9/14/16
to OpenQuake Users
Hello again!

I am running openquake 2.0.1 that has been installed on a cluster running CentOS release 6.8.
Although the version appears to be 2.0.1, I think it may be a development version.
Because when I run "oq engine" with some source model nrml files that work fine on oq 2.0.1 installed on an ubuntu machine, I always get the error:

  File "/apps/openquake/2.0.1/src/oq-engine/openquake/commonlib/source.py", line 194,

 in parse_groups

    raise ValueError('expected sourceGroup')

I thought I was being *very clever* by surrounding my sources with <sourceGroup>...</sourceGroup>, but then it seems to have trouble with tectonicRegion:

line 818, in convert_sourceGroup

    trt = node['tectonicRegion']

  File "/apps/openquake/2.0.1/src/oq-engine/openquake/commonlib/node.py", line 314, i

n __getitem__

    return self.attrib[i]

KeyError: 'tectonicRegion'

My question is, is sourceGroup a new feature in the nrml, and if so is there an example somewhere that i can follow to see how to use it?

Or should I convince my sysadmin to go back to the stable version?

Best regards,

- Phil

Phil Cummins

Sep 15, 2016, 2:54:28 AM9/15/16
to OpenQuake Users
Ah, I just found out that the version installed on our redhat cluster is actually 2.1.0, and the "sourceGroup" problem was fixed by setting

<nrml

xmlns="http://openquake.org/xmlns/nrml/0.4"

instead of 0.5. We are still having some IO problems but I think that probably has to do with our installation.

So, never mind!

Michele Simionato

Sep 15, 2016, 4:44:29 AM9/15/16
to OpenQuake Users

On Thursday, September 15, 2016 at 8:54:28 AM UTC+2, Phil Cummins wrote:
Ah, I just found out that the version installed on our redhat cluster is actually 2.1.0, and the "sourceGroup" problem was fixed by setting

<nrml

xmlns="http://openquake.org/xmlns/nrml/0.4"

instead of 0.5. We are still having some IO problems but I think that probably has to do with our installation.

So, never mind!

The SourceGroup is a feature of the NRML 0.5 format that will be needed in the future for some models like the one for Japan. But this is not implemented yet. As you discovered yourself, it is best to keep using the good old NRML 0.4 format.