Non-parametric fault source

athanasios....@iusspavia.it

Apr 11, 2016, 5:32:20 AM4/11/16
to OpenQuake Users
Dear all,

I have a question regarding the use of the non-parametric source.

I am trying to model a fault with a time-dependent recurrence model, and thus I calculate the (conditional) probability of rupture in that fault over the investigation time. To use the non-parametric source I need to define a set of ruptures (rather than faults), and therefore I need to assign probabilities seperately to each one of them.

My question is
When you define a set of ruptures under the same nonParametricSeismicSource id, does this mean that when one of them is sampled the occurrence probabilities of the rest are set to 0 (or the probability of second occurrence if defined)? That would enable me to use the same probability of occurrence (the one in the entire fault) for each one of the ruptures.

If not, is there any other way around or should I use only a single rupture for each fault? I really appreciate your help.

Thank you in advance,
A. Papadopoulos

athanasios....@iusspavia.it

Apr 27, 2016, 8:25:35 AM4/27/16
to OpenQuake Users
Dear all,

Just a kind reminder. Even a brief response would be very helpful.

Thank you again,
A. Papadopoulos

Marco Pagani

May 9, 2016, 2:50:43 AM5/9/16
to openqua...@googlegroups.com
Dear Athanasios,

My sincere apologises for the delay of this answer. Getting to your question, the oq-engine is not changing the probability of occurrence for the different ruptures in a non-parametric source.

Unfortunately I don’t understand the reason why you want to change the probability of occurrence once a rupture is sampled. Can you help me understand?

Best wishes,

Marco