parameter lrem_steps_per_interval

Hyeuk Ryu

Jan 21, 2016, 6:15:16 PM1/21/16
to OpenQuake Users
Hi,

Can you provide me details of parameter lrem_steps_per_interval? OQ manuals made reference to OQ-enginebook (risk), but I can not find anything about the parameter in the engine book.
Thanks.

Regards,

Hyeuk

anirudh.rao

Jan 22, 2016, 6:22:39 AM1/22/16
to OpenQuake Users
Hi Hyeuk,

If the parameter lrem_steps_per_interval is set to 1 in a classical_risk calculation, the exceedance probabilities in the resulting loss curves will be calculated at the set of (mean) loss ratios provided in the vulnerability function for the relevant taxonomy.

If this parameter is set to an integer greater than 1, say 5, then exceedance probabilities for the resulting loss curves will also be calculated at four (equispaced) intermediate points between each of the loss ratios listed in the vulnerability function.

The example in the OpenQuake Risk Book in Section 7.2 shows the calculation steps for the classical risk calculator using two steps per interval, i.e., one intermediate loss ratio point between each pair of loss ratios used by the vulnerability function.

Regards,
Anirudh