latitude/longitude inputs in OpenQuake

Negar Nazari

Sep 11, 2017, 11:58:32 PM9/11/17
to OpenQuake Users
I looked into the input files in the demo folder. The sites are specified as regions and not latitude/longitudes. How can I generate the hazard curve for several locations with given latitude and longitudes (and Vs30s if available)? what input files for source and GMPEs should be used? How can I insert the latitude and longitudes? For example for a location in San Francisco (37.752832, -122.445643)

I also was able to run the USGS hazard code in the link below:

I wanted to see how do the hazard curves from USGS and OpenQuake match.

How I can get the hazard curves for other parts of the world outside US. How does the process differ? Which GMPE equations should be used e.g. for Italy?

Please help! Thanks!

Marco Pagani

Sep 12, 2017, 2:52:07 AM9/12/17
to OpenQuake Users

Please have a look at page 58 of the Openquake-engine user instruction manual version 2.5

Regards,

Marco

Negar Nazari

Sep 12, 2017, 12:44:05 PM9/12/17