ruptures.xml file

garup lambang goro

Apr 29, 2018, 1:14:24 AM4/29/18
to OpenQuake Users
Dear All..

I have experienced when I was running Event Based PSHA, I got ruptures.csv file and ses.xml file.
After that I want to use rupture file to analyse Scenario Damage, but in this job.ini need rupture.xml file.

Could you give me solution for this problem.?
Note: I use oq 2.9 and 3.0

Regards,
Garup L. Goro

Michele Simionato

Apr 30, 2018, 4:51:42 AM4/30/18
to OpenQuake Users
If you want to extract one rupture from an event based calculation and use it for a scenario calculation, this is not directly supported.

      Michele

garup lambang goro

Apr 30, 2018, 5:24:08 AM4/30/18
to OpenQuake Users
Thank you very much Michele,

I have found other configuration file in Scenario Damage by using gmfs.xml file as hazard input. The result is damage_by_asset file.
What do you thing about that.

Thanks
Regards,
Garup

Hyeuk Ryu

Apr 30, 2018, 7:53:35 PM4/30/18
to OpenQuake Users
Hi Michele,

You indicated that using one rupture from an event based calculation for a scenario calculation is not directly supported. But I see that a rupture model can be extracted from ses_#.xml for a scenario calculation. Are you saying that the same ground motion from an event based calculation can not be simulated from the extracted rupture model without knowing the aleatory uncertainty in GMPE? Are suggesting use of output ground motion fields from the event based calculation instead, if I am trying to use one ground motion field for a scenario calculation?
Thanks.

Regards,

Hyeuk

Michele Simionato

May 2, 2018, 2:25:29 AM5/2/18
to OpenQuake Users
Extracting one rupture from the ses.xml file and use it in a scenario is nontrivial, see https://github.com/gem/oq-engine/issues/3601.
Also there the issue of how to choose the rupture. By taking the one with the highest portfolio loss for a given loss type and realization?
Extracting the GMFs also requires some decision about which realization to extract, about what to do with zero GMFs which are not
stored but still exists and should be taken into account. As always, the devil is in the details. I would be interested in knowing how this
feature should work in your opinion.

   Michele