How to install RMTK on Windows

MNA16

Feb 19, 2018, 7:52:24 PM2/19/18
to OpenQuake Users
Hi guys,

I am quite new to OQ. Can someone please let me know how to add RMTK to OQ? My understanding is that no installation is required. I just need to know where the RMTK folder should be copied to, or copy the folder somewhere and add the path to a file somewhere.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Mostafa

Anirudh Rao

Feb 20, 2018, 6:11:00 AM2/20/18
to openqua...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mostafa,

The RMTK is a python toolkit separate from the OpenQuake-engine. Although a direct installer is now available for the OpenQuake-engine for Windows, a similar Windows installer is not yet available for the RMTK.

For working with the RMTK on Windows systems, our recommendation would be to download our VirtualBox appliance which comes with the OpenQuake-engine and several other toolkits (including the RMTK) pre-installed and pre-configured. You'll first need to download and install the latest version of VirtualBox for Windows, and then import the OpenQuake VirtualBox appliance. After importing and booting the (Linux-based) virtual machine, you should find the RMTK installed at /home/openquake/GEM/RMTK/

The user-manual for the RMTK is available here: https://github.com/GEMScienceTools/rmtk/raw/master/rmtk-docs.pdf

Best regards,
Anirudh

Best regards,
ANIRUDH RAO    seismic risk engineer    LinkedIn: Anirudh Rao    +39-0382-5169-936
GLOBAL EARTHQUAKE MODEL    working together to assess risk
GEM — globalquakemodel.org     @GEMwrld     GEMwrld

Message has been deleted