incrementalMFD's occurRates

Parisa

Nov 2, 2016, 3:33:13 AM11/2/16
to OpenQuake Users

Dear all,

are the occurrence rates in definition of incrementalMFD the annual number of events in each magnitude bin, and not the annual number of events with equal or larger magnitudes?

I defined a grid source using incrementalMFD with rates equal to the annual number of events in each magnitude bin, and conducted an event-based risk calculation. the number of stochastic event sets that is generated is less than {the number of catalog events/ catalog time duration * synthetic catalog time duration}. I suspended that maybe I have defined the occurRates wrong.

Marco Pagani

Nov 3, 2016, 10:15:14 AM11/3/16
to openqua...@googlegroups.com

Please read the OQ-engine User Manual at page 38-39
Regards
Marco