Wondering a foating rupture algorithm in simple fault.

21 visualizações
Pular para a primeira mensagem não lida

Byeong-Seong Choi

não lida,
2 de fev. de 2016, 07:29:2102/02/2016
para OpenQuake Users
Hello.

Nowadays, I am trying to apply OQ to spesific region...

But I have some trouble in using a Simple fault because the size of rupture can exceed the area of whole simple fault.
(e.g. M=8.6 gives 3.9938e+04km2 as an area of a rupture by Magnitude-scaling relationship but the whole area of simple fault is just 1.8776e+03km2. The area of a rupture exceeds the area of the whole active fault.)

As I read on the OQ manual, the simple fault defines that all ruptures should be float on the simple fault.

How GEM deals this stiuation in OQ??

Byeong-Seong Choi

não lida,
2 de fev. de 2016, 07:31:0802/02/2016
para OpenQuake Users
In this situation, rupture cannot float on the fault as I think because the rupture is bigger than active fault... How floating algorithm overcomes this??

2016년 2월 2일 화요일 오후 9시 29분 21초 UTC+9, Byeong-Seong Choi 님의 말:

Graeme Weatherill

não lida,
2 de fev. de 2016, 07:37:4902/02/2016
para openqua...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

When the magnitude gives an area that is greater than or equal than the area of the whole fault then the rupture doesn't need to float - simply the entire fault surface becomes the rupture surface. There is no limit enforced with respect to the magnitude.

Graeme

Responder a todos
Responder ao autor
Encaminhar