examples in the OQ engine user instruction manual v1.7

Hyeuk Ryu

Jan 13, 2016, 9:37:20 PM1/13/16
to OpenQuake Users
Hi,

I'm reading the OQ engine user instruction manual v1.7.0, and wonder where to find the codes for the examples in the book. Also it says that some of tools can be found at the OpenQuake plaform (https://platform.openquake.org/risk_input_preparation_toolkit/), but seems not there yet. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Regards,

Hyeuk

Daniele Viganò

Jan 14, 2016, 3:25:12 AM1/14/16
to openqua...@googlegroups.com
Dear Hyeuk,

thanks for your feedback, the current, updated link is https://platform.openquake.org/ript/. We'll fix the manual with the next release.

Cheers,
Daniele

DANIELE VIGANÒ | System Administrator | Skype dennyv85 | +39 0382 5169882
GLOBAL EARTHQUAKE MODEL | working together to assess risk

Michele Simionato

Jan 14, 2016, 3:30:01 AM1/14/16
to OpenQuake Users
I by examples in the book you mean the demos, they are here:

Hyeuk Ryu

Jan 18, 2016, 5:54:58 PM1/18/16
to OpenQuake Users

Hi Michele,

Thanks for your kind reply, but the one that I'm looking at seems different from the demos at github. For example, job.ini for scenario damage calculator in page 119 is not the same as the one at git hub.
Thanks.

Regards,

Hyeuk

Hyeuk Ryu

Jan 18, 2016, 5:56:29 PM1/18/16
to OpenQuake Users
Hi Damiele,

Thanks for your kind reply. I wonder if there is an equivalent off-line python script. I've searched in the oq-tools, but could not find one.
Thanks.

Regards,

Hyeuk

anirudh.rao

Jan 19, 2016, 1:12:54 AM1/19/16
to OpenQuake Users
Dear Hyeuk,

The example files you are referring to are indeed different from the demos—these example files are intended to illustrate the different possible options for preparing the configuration files and other input models and running the calculations. We'll include direct download links for these example files in the next version of the manual.

Regards,
Anirudh