OpenQuake Engine 2.5.0 Windows Installation

patric...@gmail.com

Jul 9, 2017, 6:42:26 AM7/9/17
to OpenQuake Users
Hello

PSHA has recently piqued my interest, and I eventually learned of the OpenQuake Engine. I have no background on python, and I also plan to operate the HMTK via notebook. My laptop cannot handle VirtualBox, and so I opted to install the engine in my Windows OS. I tried my best to follow the Windows Installation instructions in the HMTK manual (except for the nrmllib part because the web repository is now obsolete), but when I run HMTK through the notebook, I get the following error:

ImportErrorTraceback (most recent call last)
<ipython-input-2-228a4b254765> in <module>()
      9 # Input and Output Tools
     10 # Catalogue and sources
---> 11 from hmtk.parsers.catalogue import CsvCatalogueParser   # Reads an earthquake catalogue from CSV
     12 from hmtk.parsers.catalogue.csv_catalogue_parser import CsvCatalogueWriter  # Writes an earthquake catalogue to CSV
     13 from hmtk.parsers.source_model.nrml04_parser import nrmlSourceModelParser  # Imports a source model from XML

ImportError: No module named hmtk.parsers.catalogue

I would really appreciate the help. Thank you!

Patrick

Michele Simionato

Jul 10, 2017, 12:05:14 AM7/10/17
to OpenQuake Users, patric...@gmail.com
You should not install the HMTK. It is already installed for you, as part of the OpenQuake engine since version 2.4.
In Python notebooks all references to hmtk must be replaced with openquake.hmtk.

Where did you find the HMTK manual?

patric...@gmail.com

Jul 10, 2017, 1:45:14 AM7/10/17
to OpenQuake Users, patric...@gmail.com
Hello

Thank you fr the response. I found the HMTK Manual/User Guide here: https://github.com/GEMScienceTools/hmtk_docs/blob/master/hmtk_tutorial.pdf, and now I do not know what to do.

bigriver

Aug 2, 2017, 4:35:41 AM8/2/17
to OpenQuake Users, patric...@gmail.com
If you just need to run openquake, you could download the windows installer

if you want to install the source code, I successfully installed openquake 2.5 on windows recently. I used the following steps:

install miniconda;
install each of the packages according to the openquake 2.5 setup