openquake 2 and supervisord.conf

Phil Cummins

Aug 27, 2016, 8:28:37 PM8/27/16
to OpenQuake Users
Hi,

I have installed Opeqnauke 2 (acutally 2.0.1) on an Ubuntu 14.04 machine. supervisord seemed not to be running by default, so I installed it using easy_install, and then started it by simply type "sudo supervisord". But it warns that it's looking for a default supervisord.conf and then fails with:

Error: Invalid user name celery

The supervisord.conf in /etc/supervisor does indeed look pretty old. So I tried using echo_supervisord_conf to create a new conf file in my current directory, and used again "sudo supervisord". That got supervisord running. But when I try:

% sudo supervisorctl start openquake-dbserver

It fails with

openquake-dbserver: ERROR (no such process)

Is it possible to find a supervisord.conf file that can be used with Openquake 2?

Thanks,

- Phil

Phil Cummins

Aug 27, 2016, 10:35:28 PM8/27/16
to OpenQuake Users

Hi again,

Oh, I finally realised i had to remove the old celeryd.conf file:

sudo rm /etc/supervisor/conf.d/celeryd.conf

Also, I had to remove some of the openquake 1 packages that had been installed under /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages.
Then it all seems to work fine. Thanks.

- Phil