Openquake windows version - source contribution and new GMPEs

Daniela Tonoli

Sep 27, 2017, 6:47:45 AM9/27/17
to OpenQuake Users
Hello,
I recently download the Windows version of Openquake and used it for preliminary tests for validating results of another software. We are thinking to move from our SHA software to Openquake.

I would ask you some clarifications:

1) is it possible to export the contribution of each source (area or fault) to the total hazard?
2) is it possible to add new GMPE in the windows version? and how to do it?

Thanks
Daniela

Daniele Viganò

Sep 27, 2017, 1:10:38 PM9/27/17
to openqua...@googlegroups.com

Hi Daniela,

On 27/09/17 12:47, Daniela Tonoli wrote:
2) is it possible to add new GMPE in the windows version? and how to do it?
it is possible to add new GMPEs in the Windows: GMPEs are stored, when the default installation path is used, in 'C:\Program Files\OpenQuake Engine\lib\site-packages\openquake\hazardlib\gsim'; it's enough to drop the corresponding new py files.

If you are planning to develop a new GMPE I suggest you to have a look at https://github.com/gem/oq-engine/blob/master/doc/implementing-new-gsim.md. Development on Windows is possible, but not easy. If you are able to work on Linux, it is certainly easier to develop in this environment; you may use our pre-configured VirtualBox VM.
Development on Windows using the installer is not possible since it's not meant to be used as a development environment and it's missing some components, you need to use the nightly builds instead (latest is https://storage.globalquakemodel.org/pkgs/windows/oq-engine/nightly/OpenQuake_Engine_win64_dev1709271456.zip): you have to unzip its content in place of your choice (Documents, Desktop...) and then you have to clone the OpenQuake Engine github repo in the folder just extracted (this requires git). Finally, using oq-console.bat, you'll have access to the OpenQuake environment.

If need further information or details let us know.

Cheers,
Daniele

--
DANIELE VIGANÒ | System Administrator | Skype dennyv85 | +39 0382 5169882
GLOBAL EARTHQUAKE MODEL | working together to assess risk

Daniela Tonoli

Oct 3, 2017, 5:06:54 AM10/3/17
to OpenQuake Users
Thank you Daniele for your reply.
Could you answer also to first question:

1) is it possible to export the contribution of each source (area or fault) to the total hazard?

Thank you very much
Daniela

Michele Simionato

Oct 3, 2017, 5:30:46 AM10/3/17
to OpenQuake Users

On Tuesday, October 3, 2017 at 11:06:54 AM UTC+2, Daniela Tonoli wrote:
Thank you Daniele for your reply.
Could you answer also to first question:

1) is it possible to export the contribution of each source (area or fault) to the total hazard?

It is not possible at the moment. We are thinking about adding this information in the future, but only in the case of the disaggregation calculator.
In the general case the needed storage would be prohibitive for the number of sites we usually consider.