How to calculate seismic risk if we have ground motion data from observation

許銘凱

Jun 15, 2017, 11:12:48 AM6/15/17
to OpenQuake Users
Dear admin ,

If we want to calculate the seismic risk which hazard is from earthquake's ground motion (PGA PGV) data from observation.
So , can we input the ground motion value directly as the hazard map and start to calculate the seismic risk?

Michele Simionato

Jun 15, 2017, 1:33:31 PM6/15/17
to OpenQuake Users
This is a feature we are working on right now. We have already an experimental implementation and we are in the process of testing it and refining it. Expect this to be available for the next version of the engine, including the documentation of the required format for the ground motion fields (it will be a .CSV)

anirudh.rao

Jun 22, 2017, 3:51:19 AM6/22/17
to OpenQuake Users
Dear 許銘凱,

Are you asking about calculating the damage/losses due to a single earthquake? If so, the feature you are asking for is already available in the OpenQuake-engine for both the scenario_damage and scenario_risk calculators, and documented in the user manual. You can input an observed or pre-calculated ground motion field using the parameter gmfs_file, and use it to compute damage or losses for that earthquake.

On the other hand, if you are asking about probabilistic risk calculations starting from ground motion fields, that feature is currently being implemented, as Michele mentioned in his previous reply.

Regards,
Anirudh