The OpenQuake engine version 2.2 ("C. Allin Cornell") has been released

Michele Simionato

Jan 23, 2017, 10:37:15 AM1/23/17
to OpenQuake Users
This release has focused on memory and performance optimizations, especially in the event based and scenario calculators. Moreover we have significantly improved our exports, by providing more information and/or using more efficient export formats, like the .npz format. As of now, the XML exports are deprecated, even if there is no plan to remove them.

As usual, lots of small bugs have been fixed. More than 60 pull requests were closed in oq-hazardlib and more than 160 pull requests were closed in oq-engine.

This version of the engine is dedicated to the american seismologist C. Allin Cornell.

You can find the release notes here:

You can install on all supported platforms (Linux and Windows) by following the
instructions given here:

You can download the OpenQuake engine manual from here:

As usual, the engine is not able to read or export computations
performed with previous releases, so if you have results you want to
keep, please export them before upgrading, otherwise please repeat the
computation.

That's all, please let us know if you have any trouble with the upgrade.

           Michele Simionato on behalf of the OpenQuake Team