Probabilities of exceedance per source

t.g...@gns.cri.nz

Oct 3, 2016, 10:30:51 PM10/3/16
to OpenQuake Users
Hi,

We are trying to find a way to calculate the probabilities of exceedance per source for a given return period. We know we cannot get individual source contributions using disagregation with OQ.

We are investigating ways to obtain these values using the outputs from OQ disagregation.

The only option we have contemplated is running each source individually to know the poes per source to each geographical lat-long cell. However, the analysis we'd need to carry out to combine all the results would be extremely complicated and time consuming. In other words, this does not seem to be a realistic option.

Any ideas on how to proceed would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Marco Pagani

Oct 4, 2016, 12:49:10 AM10/4/16
to openqua...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

This is a feature not currently available. We are reviewing the disaggregation calculator since we are not happy with its performance and we miss the contributions per source, as you are correctly pointing out. I think we still need some time before issuing a new calculator.

I'm afraid at the moment the only possibility is to run calculations per source.

Marco