Integration of macroseismic observations and measured PGAs into intensity maps

gem...@gmail.com

Sep 13, 2017, 7:18:50 AM9/13/17
to OpenQuake Users
Hi,

we at gempa are looking into OpenQuake as we are designing a kind of hazard/strong motion GUI based on the SeisComP3 framework, which offers an interface to OpenQuake.

As I am rather new to OpenQuake and played around only with the GSIMs, I am wondering if there is the possibility to generate a GMPE based PGA map integrating PGAs measured at stations.

Second question, is it possible to integrate PGA measurements, macroseismic observations and calculated intensities in an intensity map?

A hint which are the relevant objects of OpenQuake or some example code would be perfect.

@developers: I am really impressed in the great work and large effort you put in the development of OpenQuake. It is one of the most useful seismic developments in the last years.

Thanks and best regards,
Bernd

Marco Pagani

Sep 13, 2017, 7:54:22 AM9/13/17
to OpenQuake Users

Hi Bernd,

The functionalities you are looking for are part of the USGS Shakemap software which also uses the OQ libraries in its new version.

Pls have a look here:

https://github.com/usgs/shakemap

Best wishes,

Marco

gem...@gmail.com

Sep 14, 2017, 7:42:23 AM9/14/17
to OpenQuake Users
Hi Marco,

thanks for your reply, I will look into it.

Cheers,
Bernd