Sort popular

Ori Idan

Sep 8, 2012, 2:21:21 PM9/8/12
to openpub
The spec. says that a feed with the sort popular relation should be sorted according to popularity, but how do I know which item is more popular? is there a directive like <update> for popularity?

--
Ori Idan

Hadrien Gardeur

Sep 9, 2012, 2:51:29 PM9/9/12
to ope...@googlegroups.com

These popular/new link relationships are just a hint about the way items are sorted, there's no real definition of what makes an item more popular than another.

Ori Idan

Sep 9, 2012, 3:02:09 PM9/9/12
to ope...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, Sep 9, 2012 at 9:51 PM, Hadrien Gardeur <hadrien...@feedbooks.com> wrote:

These popular/new link relationships are just a hint about the way items are sorted, there's no real definition of what makes an item more popular than another.

I guess we need some method of defining popularity of items, don't you think so?

--
Ori Idan

Hadrien Gardeur

Sep 9, 2012, 3:22:40 PM9/9/12
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Not really. This is just a hint and it's far more useful if there's no absolute definition.

For example one store might rank books based on sales for a week, another might do the same but using sales for the month + a restriction based on the user's territory etc.