2 olat servers on one tomcat server - it is possible?

Jakub Wasielewski

Sep 22, 2016, 5:22:39 AM9/22/16
to OpenOLAT
Hi everyone,

I have a question - it is possible to set up two OpenOlat serwers on one Tomcat?

We have to databases for OO and we want to set it on one tomcat server. For each serwer will be the same domain name (ex. mydomain.com) but if we want to go to first base (OpenOlat) after slash we insert 2014 (ex. mydomainname.com/2014), and for secon after slash 2015.

It is possible to make that on one Tomcat server? And if yes - how can we do it?

Cheers
Jakub

Florian Gnägi

Sep 22, 2016, 8:08:58 AM9/22/16
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jakub

If you wan to use WebDAV, no. To use WebDAV you must install OpenOLAT on the ROOT context, otherwise it will not work properly on some windows version.

If you have WebDAV disabled anyway, you could theoretically do it, however we would not recommend it. It has many advantages using a separate tomcat instance for each system. Redeploying OpenOLAT does not work properly due to some used libraries, so if you run it on the same tomcat you can only shutdown both if you need to do some maintenance or updates.

But well, we just never do it like this and thus won’t recommend it. You have to try and cross fingers to see if it works for you.

Cheers
Florian

Sie erhalten diese Nachricht, weil Sie Mitglied sind von Google
Groups-Gruppe "OpenOLAT".
Für das Erstellen von Beiträgen in dieser Gruppe senden Sie eine E-Mail
an open...@googlegroups.com
Um sich von dieser Gruppe abzumelden, senden Sie eine E-Mail an
openolat+u...@googlegroups.com
Weitere Optionen finden Sie in dieser Gruppe unter
http://groups.google.com/group/openolat?hl=de

professional services for the e-learning system OpenOLAT
hosting - operating - support - development - mobile - consulting
frentix  GmbH
Florian Gnägi, Geschäftsführer
Hardturmstrasse 76
CH-8005 Zürich, Switzerland

Find me on skype  twitter xing linkedin

Jakub Wasielewski

Sep 22, 2016, 9:48:29 AM9/22/16
to OpenOLAT
Hi Florian,

Thank You for quick response and information.

So for now we must make diferent servers for each installation, meybe we try later :)

Cheers
Jakub Wasielewski