Some Groups not visible in Chat

Peetz, Dr. Angela

Dec 5, 2016, 9:39:14 AM12/5/16
to open...@googlegroups.com

Dear OpenOLAT-Community,

we have established groups within a course using the enrolment-tool. We included chat within the groups. However these groups don’t show up in the chat tool. Any idea?

Greetings from Hamburg,

Angela

Dr. Angela Peetz

Universität Hamburg

Hamburger Zentrum für Universitäres Lehren und Lernen (HUL),
Schwerpunkt Digitalisierung von Lehren und Lernen (DLL)

Schlüterstraße 51 | 20146 Hamburg
Raum 2030

+49 (0) 40 428389674
+49 (0) 172 4504097

uhh.de/hul

uhh.de/dll

eLearning-Portal der Universität Hamburg:

http://www.uni-hamburg.de/elearning.html

Stéphane Rossé

Dec 6, 2016, 3:22:16 AM12/6/16
to OpenOLAT, Angela...@uni-hamburg.de
Hello

The first thing to check is the visibility configuration of members in the groups. Go in the group > Administration > Members. In this configuration, there are the 2 checkbox  "Members can see coaches" and "Members can see participants"  which make the groups visible in the chat list.

Best regards
Stéphane Rossé
professional services for the open source eLearning system OLAT
hosting - operating - support - java development - consulting
www.frentix.com | www.openolat.org

frentix  GmbH
Stéphane Rossé
Hardturmstrasse 76