Disable grading for coach or author of course

oronzo lezzi

Apr 13, 2017, 4:24:59 AM4/13/17
to OpenOLAT
Hello,
it is possible to disable grading (Course Passed /Not Passed) option of course author or coach ?

Thanks

Florian Gnägi

Apr 13, 2017, 4:43:27 AM4/13/17
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hi Oronzo

If you don’t setup a rule on the course root node for scoring, then it won’t show up in the assessment tool.

It is not possible to disable the assessment tool in a course for the course author or coach, it is an inherent part of the course runtime environment and how OpenOLAT courses and user roles in courses are meant to work.

You could assign your authors / coaches only participant rules and put them into a special group and then assign course rights such as the course editor the this group. Depending on what exactly you are trying to do you could give them partial rights in the course without making them to authors or coaches.

Kind of a strange setup IMHO, really wondering what kind of concept you are trying to implement ;-)

Cheers
Florian

Sie erhalten diese Nachricht, weil Sie Mitglied sind von Google
Groups-Gruppe "OpenOLAT".
Für das Erstellen von Beiträgen in dieser Gruppe senden Sie eine E-Mail
an open...@googlegroups.com
Um sich von dieser Gruppe abzumelden, senden Sie eine E-Mail an
openolat+u...@googlegroups.com
Weitere Optionen finden Sie in dieser Gruppe unter
http://groups.google.com/group/openolat?hl=de

professional services for the e-learning system OpenOLAT
hosting - operating - support - development - mobile - consulting
frentix  GmbH
Florian Gnägi, Geschäftsführer
Hardturmstrasse 76
CH-8005 Zürich, Switzerland

Find me on skype  twitter xing linkedin

oronzo lezzi

Apr 13, 2017, 4:51:04 AM4/13/17
to OpenOLAT
Nice to read you Florian,
I only would know if it is possible to disable visualization for course author or coach,
because I would not want course author or coach to be graded, only participant

Sorry for my english

Florian Gnaegi

May 2, 2017, 3:50:04 PM5/2/17
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hi Oronzo

Sorry for writing you back late. No, this is currently not possible. It is due to the fundamental architecture and design decisions we made a decade ago. We are thinking about making changes in this regard, however there will be side effects for some users who consider the current behavior as a feature and not a bug.

In short: in the course, OpenOLAT is not necessarily role based. You have a role assigned, however the role does not prevent you seeing the student view. It somehow got worse over time as we added so many new features.

I guess we will talk about this at the ootalks in two weeks, I think changes towards a more role based implementation would make a lot of sense for most users.

Cheers
Florian

oronzo lezzi

May 3, 2017, 4:06:32 AM5/3/17