OpenOLAT 10.4.10 with mysql 5.7.11

Simon Zürcher

Apr 25, 2016, 7:39:27 AM4/25/16
to OpenOLAT
Hi
I'm trying to install OpenOLAT on Ubuntu 16.04 but there are some troubles.
Everytime I Setup the database with the setup_Database.sql I'm getting this message:
ERROR 1067 (42000) at line 538: Invalid default value for 'creationdate'

Does OpenOLAT works with mySQL 5.7.11?

Thank you for a short answer.
Regards

Simon

Florian Gnaegi

Apr 25, 2016, 8:42:01 AM4/25/16
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hi Simon

We have never tested with MySQL 5.7, we use 5.6 in production. If you can, use 5.6. If you are setting up a new system we recommend using Postgres however.

Cheers
Florian

Sie erhalten diese Nachricht, weil Sie Mitglied sind von Google
Groups-Gruppe "OpenOLAT".
Für das Erstellen von Beiträgen in dieser Gruppe senden Sie eine E-Mail
an open...@googlegroups.com
Um sich von dieser Gruppe abzumelden, senden Sie eine E-Mail an
openolat+u...@googlegroups.com
Weitere Optionen finden Sie in dieser Gruppe unter
http://groups.google.com/group/openolat?hl=de

professional services for the e-learning system OpenOLAT
hosting - operating - support - development - mobile - consulting
frentix  GmbH
Florian Gnägi, Geschäftsführer
Hardturmstrasse 76
CH-8005 Zürich, Switzerland

Find me on skype  twitter xing linkedin

Stéphane Rossé

Apr 26, 2016, 4:31:21 PM4/26/16
to OpenOLAT
Hi

Yes, there is some issues with the setup script and MySQL 5.7. I have successfully correct them and pass all unit tests with 5.7.12. The patch will be available tomorrow. You can follow the issue under: https://jira.openolat.org/browse/OO-2006

Best regards
Stéphane Rossé

Simon Zürcher

May 3, 2016, 10:36:11 AM5/3/16
to OpenOLAT
Hi Stéphane

Thank you for patching this issue. I read that the release date will be around 6th of may.

Meanwhile I've tested OpenOLAT with postgresql. Because of the fact that postgresql is the recommended database for OpenOLAT I'm thinking of a db migration.

Do you know or anybody else how to migrate an existing OpenOLAT database from mysql to postgresql?

Regards
Simon

Simon Zürcher

Jul 4, 2016, 10:34:02 AM7/4/16
to OpenOLAT

Thanks for all your great work on openolat!

While upgrading Openolat from an Ubuntu 12.04 platform to Ubuntu 16.04 there were some strange effects observed.

I copied all the data to the new server, then imported the databasedump.

Once the configuration of tomcat8, mysql 5.7 and Openolat 10.5.2 was done I started the tomcat service.

In the olat.log file it wrote out:

ERROR SqlExceptionHelper  - Access denied for user 'olat'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Then I created a new databaseuser with the same permissions and password, changed it in the olat.local.properties and restarted the tomcat service. All the upgrades went well also openolat started.

After that initial openolat start I shutdown tomcat and reverted all the databaseuser changes (even deleted the user in the database). After starting the tomcat service everything was ok. Openolat was ready to use.

Is these a normal behaviour while upgrading openolat or did I made something wrong?

Regards

Simon

Florian Gnägi

Jul 4, 2016, 1:19:24 PM7/4/16
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hi Simon

I don’t see how this could be an OpenOLAT related issue. I is clearly an Ubuntu update issue. It seems you mixed up something in the database user permissions etc. It can also be due a network problem or misconfiguration (the database user access does normally include the host name as well).

Cheers
Florian