Assign users from LDAP interface

dariobl...@gmail.com

Mar 26, 2015, 1:41:47 AM3/26/15
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Quick question: Is there an easy way to assign all the users from the LDAP interface to certain groups or configure their permissions before they've logged in the first time? As far as I understand OpenOlat creates an account when they log in the first time and then I can administrate them, but how can I do that in advance?

I'd appreciate any helpful answer!

Florian Gnägi

Mar 26, 2015, 1:52:07 AM3/26/15
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hi

In your olat.local.properties set

# to create/sync a single user on his first login
ldap.ldapCreateUsersOnLogin=true
# to create/sync _all_ users in your base on system startup.
ldap.ldapSyncOnStartup=true
# to create/sync _all_ users in your base every other hour
ldap.ldapSyncCronSync=true
ldap.ldapSyncCronSyncExpression=0 0 * * * ?

You can have both turned on, no need to decide between ldap.ldapCreateUsersOnLogin and ldap.ldapSyncCronSync

# to synch LDAP groups to OpenOLAT groups
ldap.ldapGroupBases=BASE TO YOUR LDAP GROUPS

# to synch LDAP users as OpenOLAT authors
ldap.authorsGroupBases=BASE TO YOUR LDAP GROUP which represents OpenOLAT AUTHORS

Instead of LDAP groups you can also sync users with the same LDAP attributes as OpenOLAT groups. Note: for the group sync features you need the 10.2. release.

For more info about all the options see the olat.properties and search for ldap.

Cheers
Florian

Sie erhalten diese Nachricht, weil Sie Mitglied sind von Google
Groups-Gruppe "OpenOLAT".
Für das Erstellen von Beiträgen in dieser Gruppe senden Sie eine E-Mail
an open...@googlegroups.com
Um sich von dieser Gruppe abzumelden, senden Sie eine E-Mail an
openolat+u...@googlegroups.com
Weitere Optionen finden Sie in dieser Gruppe unter
http://groups.google.com/group/openolat?hl=de

professional services for the e-learning system OpenOLAT
 hosting - operating - support - development - consulting

frentix  GmbH
Florian Gnägi, Geschäftsführer
Hardturmstrasse 76
CH-8005 Zürich, Switzerland

skype:gnaegi  twitter:gnaegi  xing:Florian_Gnaegi