Olat 7.6 to latest OpenOlat migration issue

nare...@gmail.com

May 17, 2016, 4:39:59 AM5/17/16
to OpenOLAT
Dear All,

We have 'Olat 7.6' version installed in Windows Server 2003 server since few years.It is working fine but now we thought of migrating it to
latest version of OpenOlat.

I have restored backup to Windows Server 2012.It is working fine but when i migrate to OpenOlat i am getting errors and application is not working.

I followed below process what Florian was suggested earlier listed as below :

Refer attachment of server log.

1. Earlier in olat 'web.xml' file      encoding="ISO-8859-1" is set.
2. And in properties file useOldUTF8Behavior=true is set.

I tried different ways but nothing is worked.

Let me know if you need any further details.

Thanks & regards,
Naresh
olat.log

Florian Gnaegi

May 17, 2016, 12:22:23 PM5/17/16
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hi Naresh

Note: OpenOLAT is a fork of OLAT in version 7.2. Thus, if you installed OLAT 7.6, it is not necessarily compatible with the standard OLAT process as it contains things not available in OpenOLAT and misses things which were available in OLAT 7.2 (e.g. the o_noti_pub tables).

To process, you first need to create the missing o_noti* tables from the database setup file within OpenOLAT:

create table if not exists o_noti_pub (
   publisher_id bigint not null,
   version mediumint unsigned not null,
   creationdate datetime,
   publishertype varchar(50) not null,
   data longtext,
   resname varchar(50),
   resid bigint,
   subident varchar(128),
   businesspath varchar(255),
   state integer,
   latestnews datetime not null,
   primary key (publisher_id)
);
create table if not exists o_noti_sub (
   publisher_id bigint not null,
   version mediumint unsigned not null,
   lastmodified datetime,
   creationdate datetime,
   fk_publisher bigint not null,
   fk_identity bigint not null,
   latestemailed datetime,
   primary key (publisher_id),
   unique (fk_publisher, fk_identity)
);
alter table o_noti_pub ENGINE = InnoDB;
alter table o_noti_sub ENGINE = InnoDB;
create index name_idx on o_noti_pub (resname, resid, subident);
alter table o_noti_sub add constraint FK4FB8F04749E53702 foreign key (fk_publisher) references o_noti_pub (publisher_id);
alter table o_noti_sub add constraint FK4FB8F0476B1F22F8 foreign key (fk_identity) references o_bs_identity (id);

Then restart. There might be other obstacles on your way. But: there are other people right now upgrading from OpenOLAT 7.8 to OpenOLAT, so we know that is works. We just don’t know what exactly they tweaked to make it work. Maybe someone from them will respond to your request.

Cheers
Florian

Sie erhalten diese Nachricht, weil Sie Mitglied sind von Google
Groups-Gruppe "OpenOLAT".
Für das Erstellen von Beiträgen in dieser Gruppe senden Sie eine E-Mail
an open...@googlegroups.com
Um sich von dieser Gruppe abzumelden, senden Sie eine E-Mail an
openolat+u...@googlegroups.com
Weitere Optionen finden Sie in dieser Gruppe unter
http://groups.google.com/group/openolat?hl=de
<olat.log>

professional services for the e-learning system OpenOLAT
hosting - operating - support - development - mobile - consulting
frentix  GmbH
Florian Gnägi, Geschäftsführer
Hardturmstrasse 76
CH-8005 Zürich, Switzerland

Find me on skype  twitter xing linkedin

nare...@gmail.com

May 18, 2016, 12:37:01 AM5/18/16
to OpenOLAT, nare...@gmail.com
Hi Florian,

Thank you for your suggestion.I will follow as suggested.

And we are also getting below warnings:
00:32:26:184 - WARN - ThreadLocalAwareLogger - OLAT::WARN ^%^ N-W1 ^%^ org.olat.core.util ^%^ n/a ^%^ n/a ^%^ n/a ^%^ n/a ^%^ No UTF-8 capable filesystem found! Error while writing testfile to filesystem ^%^ >>>stack of 1.cause::java.io.IOException: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax  is incorrect ->  at java.io.WinNTFileSystem.createFileExclusively(Native Method) at java.io.File.createNewFile(File.java:883) at      org.olat.core.util.WebappHelper.testUtf8FileSystem(WebappHelper.java:332) at org.olat.core.util.WebappHelper.init(WebappHelper.java:102) at  sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39) at  sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597) at  org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.invokeCustomInitMethod(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1544) at  org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.invokeInitMethods(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1485) at  org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.initializeBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1417)
23:48:10:378 - WARN - ThreadLocalAwareLogger - OLAT::WARN ^%^ N-W2 ^%^ org.olat.core.util ^%^ n/a ^%^ n/a ^%^ n/a ^%^ n/a ^%^ No UTF-8 capable filesystem found! Could not read / write UTF-8 characters from / to filesystem! You probably misconfigured your system, try setting your LC_HOME variable to a correct value. ^%^ cause:n/a
23:48:10:379 - WARN - ThreadLocalAwareLogger - OLAT::WARN ^%^ N-W3 ^%^ org.olat.core.util ^%^ n/a ^%^ n/a ^%^ n/a ^%^ n/a ^%^ Your current file encoding configuration: java.nio.charset.Charset.defaultCharset().name()::windows-1252 (the one used) and your system property file.encoding::Cp1252 (the one configured) ^%^ cause:n/a
23:48:10:380 - INFO - ThreadLocalAwareLogger - OLAT::INFO ^%^ N1-I3 ^%^ org.olat.core.util ^%^ n/a ^%^ n/a ^%^ n/a ^%^ n/a ^%^ n/a ^%^

Is there any parameter do i need to configure.

Thanks & Regards,
Naresh

Florian Gnaegi

May 18, 2016, 2:48:01 AM5/18/16
to open...@googlegroups.com
The message says that your Java environment is not configured in a way that Java runs with UTF-8 support on the filesystem. This is a warning only, if you don’t care about this, the ignore it. You can set enforce.utf8.filesystem=false if you want to run OpenOLAT with the Cp1252 encoding.

Note: if in your old installation you used Cp1252, you MUST use Cp1252 also in the new installation. Otherwise all filenames that contains non ASCII characters will be scrambled. You can’t mix this config, nor does changing of the config any magic conversion.

It is not possible to set the Java property file.encoding directly, this is inherited from your environment. I have no clue how you do that in Windows.

Cheers
Florian

Sie erhalten diese Nachricht, weil Sie Mitglied sind von Google
Groups-Gruppe "OpenOLAT".
Für das Erstellen von Beiträgen in dieser Gruppe senden Sie eine E-Mail
an open...@googlegroups.com
Um sich von dieser Gruppe abzumelden, senden Sie eine E-Mail an
openolat+u...@googlegroups.com
Weitere Optionen finden Sie in dieser Gruppe unter
http://groups.google.com/group/openolat?hl=de

nare...@gmail.com

May 18, 2016, 9:43:42 AM5/18/16
to OpenOLAT
Thank you Florian, It got worked with minor issues like:

I need to copy course,repository,homepages content of olat to OpenOlat bcroot folder.

Currently i have migrated to OpenOlat 8.

Thanks & Regards,

Naresh

Florian Gnaegi

May 18, 2016, 9:46:35 AM5/18/16
to open...@googlegroups.com
Cool! From OpenOLAT 8 it should be straight-forward to OpenOLAT 10.4!

Cheers
Florian

nare...@gmail.com

May 20, 2016, 3:26:03 AM5/20/16
to OpenOLAT, nare...@gmail.com
Hi All,

We have migrated it to OpenOlat 9 version without any issues.But after  migrating it to 'OpenOlat 9.2.1 version'  we are getting below issue when we click on any course:

'The learning resource is corrupted and can not be displayed. Contact your support staff or use the delete link to remove this resource from the system.'

Refer attached log file.

Thank you for valuable suggestions.

Regards,
Naresh

On Tuesday, May 17, 2016 at 2:09:59 PM UTC+5:30, nare...@gmail.com wrote:
olat.log

Florian Gnaegi

May 20, 2016, 11:26:56 AM5/20/16
to open...@googlegroups.com, nare...@gmail.com
Hi Naresh

Does C:\data\olat\dirs\bcroot\course\93678444525770 on your filesystem exist and does it contain the file runstructure.xml?

Cheers
Florian

Sie erhalten diese Nachricht, weil Sie Mitglied sind von Google
Groups-Gruppe "OpenOLAT".
Für das Erstellen von Beiträgen in dieser Gruppe senden Sie eine E-Mail
an open...@googlegroups.com
Um sich von dieser Gruppe abzumelden, senden Sie eine E-Mail an
openolat+u...@googlegroups.com
Weitere Optionen finden Sie in dieser Gruppe unter
http://groups.google.com/group/openolat?hl=de
<olat.log>

Naresh Reddy

May 22, 2016, 2:41:12 AM5/22/16
to OpenOLAT
Hi All,

It is not having that folder i tried twice but it that folder is not created.

Let me know how to proceed further.

Thank you.

Regards,
Naresh

Florian Gnaegi

May 23, 2016, 2:26:01 AM5/23/16
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hi Naresh

Which folder are you referring to? If you had a course with the ID 93678444525770 before, the folder must already exist. Are you sure your configuration of the olatdata dir C:\data\olat\dirs\ is correct?

Cheers
Florian

Sie erhalten diese Nachricht, weil Sie Mitglied sind von Google
Groups-Gruppe "OpenOLAT".
Für das Erstellen von Beiträgen in dieser Gruppe senden Sie eine E-Mail
an open...@googlegroups.com
Um sich von dieser Gruppe abzumelden, senden Sie eine E-Mail an
openolat+u...@googlegroups.com
Weitere Optionen finden Sie in dieser Gruppe unter
http://groups.google.com/group/openolat?hl=de

Naresh Reddy

May 24, 2016, 2:51:31 AM5/24/16
to OpenOLAT
Hi All,

Yes.My olatdata directory is same.I could not able to figure out issue so i upgraded to higher version of Open Olat like '10.09'.
In this version i did not found that issue .It worked fine and finally i upgraded it to '10.4' version (I upgraded to 10.3 before 10.4).

There were few minor issues which we can figure out.

Thank you all for your support in upgradation.

Regards,
Naresh