red5 start problem whith rc4

Aicou

Sep 21, 2009, 7:41:38 AM9/21/09
to OpenMeetings User
hello,
i have installed the rc4 of openmeetings in a new VM. when i try to
launch red5 whith the red5.sh a have this message:
http://pastebin.espace-win.org/23520

i never had this problem before (with RC2).

did i forget something ?
thanks

Sebastian Wagner

Sep 21, 2009, 7:48:33 AM9/21/09
to openmeet...@googlegroups.com
normally not. I did not see an error like that before.
With VM you mean Virtual Machine I guess. Did you start and reproduce this error on another system too or does it only happen on this machine?

sebastian

2009/9/21 Aicou <seguin....@gmail.com>

--
Sebastian Wagner
http://www.webbase-design.de

Aicou

Sep 21, 2009, 7:54:25 AM9/21/09
to OpenMeetings User
no i just try with debian (amd64), i will run some test.

Aicou

On 21 sep, 13:48, Sebastian Wagner <seba.wag...@gmail.com> wrote:
> normally not. I did not see an error like that before.
> With VM you mean Virtual Machine I guess. Did you start and reproduce this
> error on another system too or does it only happen on this machine?
>
> sebastian
>
> 2009/9/21 Aicou <seguin.jere...@gmail.com>
>

> > hello,
> > i have installed the rc4 of openmeetings in a new VM. when i try to
> > launch red5 whith the red5.sh a have this message:
> >http://pastebin.espace-win.org/23520
>
> > i never had this problem before (with RC2).
>
> > did i forget something ?
> > thanks
>
> --
> Sebastian Wagnerhttp://www.webbase-design.dehttp://openmeetings.googlecode.comhttp://www.laszlo-forum.de
> seba.wag...@gmail.com

Aicou

Sep 21, 2009, 8:01:02 AM9/21/09
to OpenMeetings User
after a reboot and a reinstall of some programs i have this when i run
red5.sh:

Starting Red5
org.red5.server.Bootstrap
at gnu.java.lang.MainThread.run(libgcj.so.90)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.red5.server.Bootstrap
not found in gnu.gcj.runtime.SystemClassLoader{urls=[file:./],
parent=gnu.gcj.runtime.ExtensionClassLoader{urls=[], parent=null}}
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(libgcj.so.90)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(libgcj.so.90)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(libgcj.so.90)
at gnu.java.lang.MainThread.run(libgcj.so.90)
> > Sebastian Wagnerhttp://www.webbase-design.dehttp://openmeetings.googlecode.comhttp://...
> > seba.wag...@gmail.com

Sebastian Wagner

Sep 21, 2009, 8:09:21 AM9/21/09
to openmeet...@googlegroups.com
did you remove or change any JAR file in the openmeetings-zip package?
It seems like boot.jar is missing in your case.

sebastian

Aicou

Sep 21, 2009, 8:19:52 AM9/21/09
to OpenMeetings User
no i just rename the openmeetings-0.8-... folder in red5 and moved it
to /usr/lib.
i try to re-download the zip but i have exactly the same messages.

On 21 sep, 14:09, Sebastian Wagner <seba.wag...@gmail.com> wrote:
> did you remove or change any JAR file in the openmeetings-zip package?
> It seems like boot.jar is missing in your case.
>
> sebastian

Sebastian Wagner

Sep 21, 2009, 8:31:44 AM9/21/09
to openmeet...@googlegroups.com
sorry I cannot reproduce the error.
Could it be that you have forgotten to rename the sample *mysql_hibernate.cfg.xml* to hibernate.cfg.xml and insert your proper values?

sebastian

Aicou

Sep 21, 2009, 8:47:24 AM9/21/09
to OpenMeetings User
i did it, but no changes.

thanks for your help Sebastian, i will try on an other architecture.

On 21 sep, 14:31, Sebastian Wagner <seba.wag...@gmail.com> wrote:
> sorry I cannot reproduce the error.
> Could it be that you have forgotten to rename the sample
> *mysql_hibernate.cfg.xml* to hibernate.cfg.xml and insert your proper
> values?
>
> sebastian

Aicou

Sep 21, 2009, 9:58:06 AM9/21/09
to OpenMeetings User
same problem with a debian i386 ...
> > Sebastian Wagnerhttp://www.webbase-design.dehttp://openmeetings.googlecode.comhttp://...
> > seba.wag...@gmail.com

Sebastian Wagner

Sep 21, 2009, 10:15:23 AM9/21/09
to openmeet...@googlegroups.com
I will update 1-2 debian servers today with the latest sources (but which will be the same red5 server)
and will give you some results.

But actually I did it last week for  ... I think it was an AMD 64x so it is curieuse why you should run in any trouble.

sebastian

Sebastian Wagner

Sep 21, 2009, 12:14:51 PM9/21/09
to openmeet...@googlegroups.com
okay I has no issues in updating the Debian engines. All 64Bit and ... I think AMD Version.
All dedicated Server no Virtual Machines.
I have encountered some possible Issues on VMs (sometimes strange SWAP configurations et cetera)

As the only difference between RC2 and RC4 from *red5 point of view* is that we've updated the red5-version that could be the pitfall. But actually there is no Issue for most of the Users I think, so I tend to say that you have an Issue with Java or some kind of Classloader Issue.

sebastian

Andres Jaramillo

Sep 22, 2009, 10:01:03 AM9/22/09
to openmeet...@googlegroups.com

> Starting Red5
> org.red5.server.Bootstrap
>   at gnu.java.lang.MainThread.run(libgcj.so.90)
> Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.red5.server.Bootstrap
> not found in gnu.gcj.runtime.SystemClassLoader{urls=[file:./],
> parent=gnu.gcj.runtime.ExtensionClassLoader{urls=[], parent=null}}
>   at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(libgcj.so.90)
>   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(libgcj.so.90)
>   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(libgcj.so.90)
>   at gnu.java.lang.MainThread.run(libgcj.so.90)

hello and sorry for my English is not very good, but I have this error when you do not change the permissions of red5.
for that you need to run "chmod + x *.sh" in the folder where the script red.sh
--
Linux Registered User # 442709
Soporte Tecnico Windows - Linux

Aicou

Sep 22, 2009, 10:59:45 AM9/22/09
to OpenMeetings User
i have already run chmod +x *.sh. i try it again but no change

Aicou

Andres Jaramillo

Sep 22, 2009, 3:11:21 PM9/22/09
to openmeet...@googlegroups.com
which version of java you busy?

#sudo update-alternatives --config java

I have the following: /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk/jre/bin/java

and check the following:

# chown -R nobody /usr/lib/red5

Aicou

Sep 23, 2009, 3:28:50 AM9/23/09
to OpenMeetings User
i have this for java:

1 /usr/bin/gij-4.3
2 /usr/lib/jvm/java-gcj/jre/bin/java <-----
3 /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun/jre/bin/java

and the chown change nothing

On 22 sep, 21:11, Andres Jaramillo <aejp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> which version of java you busy?
>
> #sudo update-alternatives --config java
>
> I have the following: /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk/jre/bin/java
>
> and check the following:
>
> # chown -R nobody /usr/lib/red5

Aicou

Sep 23, 2009, 3:32:01 AM9/23/09
to OpenMeetings User
it's working, probleme resolved by using:
3 /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun/jre/bin/java

thanks Andres ^^