HTTP ERROR: 503

Krishna

Mar 22, 2008, 9:10:07 PM3/22/08
to OpenMeetings User
Hello,

I was trying dimdim, but this looks like the true opensource version,
so I would like to try this.

I am trying to install OpenMeetings on Fedora 8, I have Red 5 working
(I compiled from source using ant dist). Now I place the folder xmlcrm
in "/opt/dist/WEB-INF/" and do all the necessary installation steps
but I get the following error when I try http://localhost:5080/xmlcrm/Install/

HTTP ERROR: 503

SERVICE_UNAVAILABLE

RequestURI=/xmlcrm/Install/

Powered by jetty://

Thanks in advance,

Krishna

Krishna

Mar 22, 2008, 9:13:30 PM3/22/08
to OpenMeetings User
one more thing ....even if I try http://localhost:5080/xmlcrm/Install
it gives me the following error.

HTTP ERROR: 503

SERVICE_UNAVAILABLE

RequestURI=/xmlcrm/Install

Powered by jetty://

On Mar 22, 6:10 pm, Krishna <uka...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was trying dimdim, but this looks like the true opensource version,
> so I would like to try this.
>
> I am trying to install OpenMeetings on Fedora 8, I have Red 5 working
> (I compiled from source using ant dist). Now I place the folder xmlcrm
> in "/opt/dist/WEB-INF/" and do all the necessary installation steps
> but I get the following error when I tryhttp://localhost:5080/xmlcrm/Install/

Sebastian Wagner

Mar 23, 2008, 5:43:21 AM3/23/08
to openmeet...@googlegroups.com
you should place it in $RED5_HOME/webapps/
not in */opt/dist/WEB-INF/*

sebastian

2008/3/23, Krishna <uka...@gmail.com>:

--
Sebastian Wagner
http://www.webbase-design.de

Krishna

Mar 23, 2008, 1:00:02 PM3/23/08
to OpenMeetings User
Well /opt is the directory where I installed red 5, I did try /opt/WEB-
INF/xmlcrm too but did not work, the same error msg is shown here too.

Thanks,

Krishna

On Mar 23, 5:43 am, "Sebastian Wagner" <seba.wag...@gmail.com> wrote:
> you should place it in $RED5_HOME/webapps/
> not in */opt/dist/WEB-INF/*
>
> sebastian
>
> 2008/3/23, Krishna <uka...@gmail.com>:
>

> > one more thing ....even if I tryhttp://localhost:5080/xmlcrm/Install
> > it gives me the following error.
>
> > HTTP ERROR: 503
>
> > SERVICE_UNAVAILABLE
>
> > RequestURI=/xmlcrm/Install
>
> > Powered by jetty://
>
> > On Mar 22, 6:10 pm, Krishna <uka...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Hello,
>
> > > I was trying dimdim, but this looks like the true opensource version,
> > > so I would like to try this.
>
> > > I am trying to install OpenMeetings on Fedora 8, I have Red 5 working
> > > (I compiled from source using ant dist). Now I place the folder xmlcrm
> > > in "/opt/dist/WEB-INF/" and do all the necessary installation steps
>
> > > but I get the following error when I
> > tryhttp://localhost:5080/xmlcrm/Install/
>
> > > HTTP ERROR: 503
>
> > > SERVICE_UNAVAILABLE
>
> > > RequestURI=/xmlcrm/Install/
>
> > > Powered by jetty://
>
> > > Thanks in advance,
>
> > > Krishna
>
> --
> Sebastian Wagnerhttp://www.webbase-design.dehttp://openmeetings.googlecode.comhttp://www.laszlo-forum.de
> seba.wag...@gmail.com- Hide quoted text -

Krishna

Mar 23, 2008, 1:14:26 PM3/23/08
to OpenMeetings User
I noted that when I shut down red 5 I get the below error msg, will
this be the cause? Any ideas?

#######<ERROR#########

Attempting to connect to RMI port: 9999
java.io.IOException: Failed to retrieve RMIServer stub:
javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException [Root exception is
java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host: XX.XX.XX.XX;
nested exception is:
java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused]
at
javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnector.connect(RMIConnector.java:
317)
at
javax.management.remote.JMXConnectorFactory.connect(JMXConnectorFactory.java:
248)
at org.red5.server.Shutdown.main(Shutdown.java:70)
Caused by: javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException [Root exception is
java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host:XX.XX.XX.XX;
nested exception is:
java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused]
at
com.sun.jndi.rmi.registry.RegistryContext.lookup(RegistryContext.java:
97)
at
com.sun.jndi.toolkit.url.GenericURLContext.lookup(GenericURLContext.java:
185)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:351)
at
javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnector.findRMIServerJNDI(RMIConnector.java:
1817)
at
javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnector.findRMIServer(RMIConnector.java:
1787)
at
javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnector.connect(RMIConnector.java:
259)
... 2 more
Caused by: java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host:
XX.XX.XX.XX; nested exception is:
at
sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPEndpoint.newSocket(TCPEndpoint.java:574)
at
sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.createConnection(TCPChannel.java:185)
at
sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.newConnection(TCPChannel.java:171)
at sun.rmi.server.UnicastRef.newCall(UnicastRef.java:306)
at sun.rmi.registry.RegistryImpl_Stub.lookup(Unknown Source)
at
com.sun.jndi.rmi.registry.RegistryContext.lookup(RegistryContext.java:
93)
... 7 more
Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:
333)
at
java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:195)
at
sun.rmi.transport.proxy.RMIDirectSocketFactory.createSocket(RMIDirectSocketFactory.java:
22)
at
sun.rmi.transport.proxy.RMIMasterSocketFactory.createSocket(RMIMasterSocketFactory.java:
128)
at
sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPEndpoint.newSocket(TCPEndpoint.java:569)
... 12 more