Make admin panels pure html/js

Domingo Alvarez Duarte

Apr 9, 2015, 10:06:43 AM4/9/15
to openlitespee...@googlegroups.com
Hello !

I'm trying to make some changes to the admin panel to test some ideas and found the actual php/spagheti a bit hard to follow. Why not not make the available functionality as api calls and the user interface pure html/js and remove the dependency on php ?

Cheers !

George Wang

Apr 9, 2015, 3:42:23 PM4/9/15
to openlitespee...@googlegroups.com
You are talking about a full blown built-in scripting language, which
will take years to develop. :-)
It could be interesting project, but that is not on our radar this
moment. :-)

Best regards,
George Wang
> --
> Visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/openlitespeed-development.

Stefano Balocco

Apr 23, 2015, 9:39:04 AM4/23/15
to openlitespee...@googlegroups.com
Well, is not needed to implement a full built-in scripting language. Is just needed to expose api (via http) that returns the required presentation data, all the presentation work should be done client-side in js.

The api itself would be in the olsws language, and they could use the internal function to update the configuration files/restart server.
This can make openlitespeed's admin interface more lightweight and fast.

Surely can take some months to implement this.

Just my two cents.

Regards,
             Stefano