Number of workers started up by default

Jason Liou

Apr 9, 2014, 7:03:20 PM4/9/14
to openlitespee...@googlegroups.com
Just curious but the default settings of workers in 1.3 has been updated to use all available threads by chance? I compared a fresh 1.3 install vs 1.2.9 and it seems if you leave the default settings of workers blank it grabs all available. Just curious if this is the default behavior. I didn't see it in the new 1.3 documentation or release notes.

George Wang

Apr 10, 2014, 9:11:10 AM4/10/14
to openlitespee...@googlegroups.com
Yes. 1.3 has cpu affinity, it detects the number of CPU cores of the server, then use that for workers if not set explicitly.

Best regards,
George Wang

On 4/9/2014 7:03 PM, Jason Liou wrote:
Just curious but the default settings of workers in 1.3 has been updated to use all available threads by chance? I compared a fresh 1.3 install vs 1.2.9 and it seems if you leave the default settings of workers blank it grabs all available. Just curious if this is the default behavior. I didn't see it in the new 1.3 documentation or release notes.

Jason Liou

Apr 10, 2014, 10:18:24 AM4/10/14
to openlitespee...@googlegroups.com
George,