OpenLiteSpeed 1.4.17 Released! Bug Fixes, Optimizations, and Updates, Oh my!

Kevin Fwu

May 2, 2016, 12:17:36 PM5/2/16
to OpenLiteSpeed Development
Hi Everyone,

Open LiteSpeed version 1.4.17 is now released!

In this release, we have a couple new features:
The Web Admin will now display a notice when there is an OLS update available.
The mod inspector module is now available. This module is used to scan uploaded files.

In addition to the new features, there are a few optimizations and bug fixes.

You may find the full list of changes HERE.

Cheers,
Kevin

oyang-

May 2, 2016, 8:36:50 PM5/2/16
to OpenLiteSpeed Development
Good new!  By  the  way. only  new vision notice, can I update  the version to latest in web admin?

在 2016年5月3日星期二 UTC+8上午12:17:36,Kevin Fwu写道:

Junior Riau

May 2, 2016, 8:55:28 PM5/2/16
to OpenLiteSpeed Development
yeeyy!!

let's try it. By the way, for virtual host, is still running as nobody? like as 1.4.16? because in 1.4.15/1.4.14 it can be run as user (suexec user). currently i use 1.4.16 and i used suexec user, but it still run with nobody user.
Running as nobody, make me must set user group to nobody.

Kevin Fwu

May 3, 2016, 8:58:23 AM5/3/16
to OpenLiteSpeed Development
To Oyang,

No, it will only notify. The reason for this is because users may install OLS via a package manager as well as via tar ball. This allows users to install using their preferred method.

To Junior,

What OS are you using? 64 or 32 bit? We'll test it in our lab.

Cheers,
Kevin

Kevin Fwu

May 3, 2016, 2:39:55 PM5/3/16
to OpenLiteSpeed Development
Hi Junior,

Is the server running as root? If not, that might be the reason it's not working.

oyang-

May 3, 2016, 10:52:41 PM5/3/16
to OpenLiteSpeed Development
Now  I  like to use  ubuntu 14.04 -32,  I hope you can  add two  functions ,  one  update to  latest version  by  webadmin , the other  creat  vhost  files by webadmin, now  the  webadmin  can  only  add  vhost  conf  file , but can add vhost  web file such as html/log/ and so on. Need  I  add the  web files  by  command by  ssh.
THX

在 2016年5月3日星期二 UTC+8下午8:58:23,Kevin Fwu写道:

Junior Riau

May 7, 2016, 7:59:12 PM5/7/16
to OpenLiteSpeed Development
Hei

I running centos 64 bit 6.7 version.
Currently i on test for 1.4.17 for that issue. I will post it here

David

May 7, 2016, 8:08:16 PM5/7/16
to openlitespee...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, your feedback is important for us.
Thanks.
David

Junior Riau

May 7, 2016, 9:00:49 PM5/7/16
to OpenLiteSpeed Development
Hello

The request still handled by nobody in process. I will open new topic discuss for this