Disabling spdy & http/2 with repo impossible

Jacob Baungard Hansen

May 12, 2015, 7:53:33 AM5/12/15
to openlitespee...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have installed 1.3.10 with the CentOS repos, however having several SSL related issues. I believe this very well might be the same issues which haunted Litespeed 5.0 (http://www.litespeedtech.com/support/forum/threads/solved-ls-5-0-stable-protocol-error-with-ssl-sites.11459/).

In any case I wish to completely disable spdy and http/2, but even though I have selected "none" in the Enable SPDY/HTTP2 the webserver happily responds to spdy and http/2 requests, as tested with spdycheck.org who reports the following:

Is there anyway I can properly disable http/2 and spdy when using the repo?

Thanks

Jacob Baungard Hansen

May 12, 2015, 7:59:06 AM5/12/15
to openlitespee...@googlegroups.com
SPDY advertisement is also blank.

David

May 12, 2015, 4:37:01 PM5/12/15
to openlitespee...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jacob,

I did some tests about the H2/SPDY disable settings and I did not find any real issue. Please make sure to disable the right listener and did a server restart. I also noticed that sometimes "graceful restart" may not work immediately, and then you may find H2/SPDY was not disabled, if in this case, can you wait for a while (say 30 seconds without connection) and check it again? or you can stop the server and start it.
                    bin/lswsctrl stop; bin/lswsctrl start

Thanks.
David

David

May 21, 2015, 5:05:00 PM5/21/15
to openlitespee...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jacob,

Do you have any update of this issue?

Thanks.
David

Jacob Baungard Hansen

May 22, 2015, 10:56:13 AM5/22/15
to openlitespee...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

We had a bit too many problems, so reverted to Apache for now. I do believe however that it was fixed after unsetting the "SSL Protocol Version" setting in the virtual host. I might do some further tests in the future, but do not have the time at the moment.

On 5/12/2015 7:53 AM, Jacob Baungard Hansen wrote:
Hi,

I have installed 1.3.10 with the CentOS repos, however having several SSL related issues. I believe this very well might be the same issues which haunted Litespeed 5.0 (http://www.litespeedtech.com/support/forum/threads/solved-ls-5-0-stable-protocol-error-with-ssl-sites.11459/).

In any case I wish to completely disable spdy and http/2, but even though I have selected "none" in the Enable SPDY/HTTP2 the webserver happily responds to spdy and http/2 requests, as tested with spdycheck.org who reports the following:

Is there anyway I can properly disable http/2 and spdy when using the repo?

Thanks

David

May 22, 2015, 11:01:09 AM5/22/15
to openlitespee...@googlegroups.com
That is ok and thanks for letting me know that.
If in the future you get any question please let us know and we are very glad to have the feedback of any kinds.
Thanks again.
David
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to openlitespeed-deve...@googlegroups.com.