1.4.9 Released! Now with PHP 7 Support!

Kevin Fwu

Jun 24, 2015, 5:05:47 PM6/24/15
to openlitespee...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everyone,

1.4.9 is now released!  This one includes PHP 7 support, so if anyone is interested in trying it out, this is the time to update!

We received some bug reports in the last release, if you had any problems with 1.4.8, please try this release and let us know if you run into any more issues.

"When will 1.4.x be stable?"
A: This will be the last release of 1.4.x which includes new features (prior to being marked stable).  So, please, anyone willing and able to test 1.4.x, we strongly recommend you try it out and report any bugs found.

Anyone that is currently using 1.4.x for production, if you don't mind answering others' questions, it will be useful to hear from you about your experiences.  We want to ensure that we have the best product out there, and any and all feedback is welcome.

Cheers,
Kevin

Stevo Novkovski

Jun 26, 2015, 7:50:45 AM6/26/15
to openlitespee...@googlegroups.com
Server restart return 404 error page on current page. If i click on any other like after restart, everything works fine.

Chrome console: http://prntscr.com/7ljiim

Kevin Fwu

Jun 26, 2015, 8:58:24 AM6/26/15
to openlitespee...@googlegroups.com, novkovs...@gmail.com
Hi Stevo,

What was the step by step process you took to result in a 404 page?  I did not get a 404 after taking these steps:

1. Install OLS 1.4.8
2. Start server, go to Web Admin
3. Install OLS 1.4.9
4. Restart Server, go to Web Admin - On this step I had to log back in to web admin
5. Restart Server, still see the dashboard.

If you are able to reproduce the error, please post the step by step as well as a debug log if you are able to do so.

Thanks,
Kevin

David

Jun 26, 2015, 9:17:27 AM6/26/15
to openlitespee...@googlegroups.com
So do you still have such issue after restart?

Thanks for feedback.
David

On 6/26/2015 7:50 AM, Stevo Novkovski wrote:
Server restart return 404 error page on current page. If i click on any other like after restart, everything works fine.

Stevo Novkovski

Jun 26, 2015, 9:45:38 AM6/26/15
to openlitespee...@googlegroups.com, novkovs...@gmail.com
Here is complete steps:

1.4.9
configure: --with-user=www-data --with-group=www-data --enable-http2  --enable-spdy --with-openssl=/usr

Centos 7 hosted on Linode

** lslog.txt is made from Debug Level:High settings

lsconf.txt
lslog.txt

David

Jun 26, 2015, 6:05:59 PM6/26/15
to openlitespee...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everyone,

1.4.10 is now released!
In this release, we fixed some bugs in HTTP2/SPDY which were introduced
in 1.4.9, and also provided updates to support PHP7 alpha 2.

Thanks.
David

David

Jun 26, 2015, 6:07:10 PM6/26/15
to openlitespee...@googlegroups.com
We just released 1.4.10, and this one should have fixed that bug.
Please re-install to this one.
If any question, please let me know.
Thanks.
David

On 6/26/2015 9:45 AM, Stevo Novkovski wrote:
Here is complete steps:

1.4.9
configure: --with-user=www-data --with-group=www-data --enable-http2  --enable-spdy --with-openssl=/usr

Centos 7 hosted on Linode

Stevo Novkovski

Jun 26, 2015, 6:32:38 PM6/26/15
to openlitespee...@googlegroups.com
Hmm where is 1.4.10?
Cant find on github or openlitespeed website.

David

Jun 26, 2015, 6:35:49 PM6/26/15
to openlitespee...@googlegroups.com
My mistake, I forgot to push to to the servers.
I will do it soon.
Sorry for that. :-)

On 6/26/2015 6:32 PM, Stevo Novkovski wrote:
Hmm where is 1.4.10?
Cant find on github or openlitespeed website.

David

Jun 26, 2015, 7:26:42 PM6/26/15
to openlitespee...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, Github is ready now.
Link on our product server is http://open.litespeedtech.com/packages/openlitespeed-1.4.10.tgz

Thanks and have a good weekend.
David

On 6/26/2015 6:32 PM, Stevo Novkovski wrote:
Hmm where is 1.4.10?
Cant find on github or openlitespeed website.

Stevo Novkovski

Jun 26, 2015, 8:01:26 PM6/26/15
to openlitespee...@googlegroups.com
I can confirm that restart 404 error does not exist in 1.4.10 and also i noticed that restart is at least 10 times faster then 1.4.9.. i mean almost instant

David

Jun 26, 2015, 8:32:53 PM6/26/15
to openlitespee...@googlegroups.com
You are right.
Thanks for telling me that.
David

On 6/26/2015 8:01 PM, Stevo Novkovski wrote:
I can confirm that restart 404 error does not exist in 1.4.10 and also i noticed that restart is at least 10 times faster then 1.4.9.. i mean almost instant

Casey Ryback

Jul 9, 2015, 1:59:09 AM7/9/15
to openlitespee...@googlegroups.com
What would be the easiest way to troubleshoot PHP 7 running on OLS 1.4.10? Having opcache enabled seems to cause "503 Service Unavailable" message to popup every now and then. Doesn't happen on all pages, but I can easily replicate it when trying to load my homepage on my test server.
Works fine with 5.6 and earlier, but all PHP 7 versions seem to have the issue (including the new beta 1 of it)

stederr.log outputs
Child process with pid: 13273 was killed by signal: 11, core dump: 0
Attached debug log too just in case, but the issue might be with PHP itself.

error.log.2015_07_09.5

George Wang

Jul 9, 2015, 9:55:42 AM7/9/15
to openlitespee...@googlegroups.com
You need to let PHP dump a core file, and collect information about the
crash and file a bug report to php.net

Need to add environment to lsphp7 external app

LSAPI_ALLOW_CORE_DUMP=1

Best regards,
George Wang