OLS 1.4.23 Repo - error.log flooded "Failed to open the real time report!"

Mike

Oct 17, 2016, 2:56:46 PM10/17/16
to OpenLiteSpeed Development
The message "Failed to open the real time report!" is added every second to error.log.

Please advise what additional details are required for troubleshooting.

CentOS 7.2.1511
Linux 4.8.1-1.el7.elrepo.x86_64

David

Oct 17, 2016, 4:53:43 PM10/17/16
to openlitespee...@googlegroups.com
It should be better if you can check the previous group emails about this issue.

About the .rtreport file, it was in the /tmp/lshttpd and it will be updated each second.
Some user was concern about to write the HDD too often may harm the HDD, so that we changed to the shared memory which is in the /dev/shm, and openlitespeed will create a directory ols/ in it, then we create a symbolic link /tmp/lshttpd/.rtreport which is linked to /dev/shm/ols/.rtreport .
If the /dev/shm/ols/ can be read/write by "nobody" and it should be all right.
The latest 1.4.22 will check the permission of the /dev/shm and /dev/shm/ols even exist, and if the permission is not enough then will change it.
If you still have this issue(ERROR in the errorlog file, such as "Failed to open the real time report"), please give me the feedback of these info:

The user/group in the server configure;
ls -l /dev/ ;
ls -l /dev/shm/ ;
ls -l /dev/shm/ols/;

Thanks.
David

Mike

Oct 18, 2016, 1:24:25 PM10/18/16
to OpenLiteSpeed Development
Thanks David, setting 777 permissions on /dev/shm/ols worked.

David

Oct 18, 2016, 1:44:01 PM10/18/16
to openlitespee...@googlegroups.com
Glad to know. Thank you Mike.