OLS 1.4.x

George F.

May 23, 2015, 10:44:12 AM5/23/15
to openlitespee...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I had a former experience with the 1.4.x branch when I upgraded from 1.3.8.

I own a XenForo forum and some other sites and the stability of any programs the server runs is my top priority (then comes performance).

Has the 1.4.x branch improved its stability?
Had some ugly problems with a 1.4 version regarding writing rules but after I reverted back to 1.3 everything went to normal.

Moreover the interface for the 1.4.x version is 90% unusable when accessing the panel with Internet Explorer (Windows 8.1 mobile).

My concerns at the moment are:
How stable is the 1.4.x branch at the moment?
Any plans to add support for IE 11?

Kevin Fwu

May 27, 2015, 9:53:33 AM5/27/15
to openlitespee...@googlegroups.com, set...@gmail.com
Hi George,

The 1.4.x branch is still undergoing bug fixes.  We expect the branch to be marked stable in 1-2 more releases.

I highly recommend trying 1.4.x if you are able to try it out on a test server.  If you are still having issues with the rewrite rules, let us know how to reproduce the issue and we will be able to get it patched that much faster.

Regarding IE 11, I just tested it on my desktop and had no issues.  However, when I tried accessing the web admin from my phone (using chrome), I ran into some issues, so I think the issues are related to how mobile browsers connect to the web admin rather than a specific issue with Internet Explorer.

Thanks for letting us know about this issue, we'll take a look at it.

Kevin