OpenLiteSpeed and HHVM fastcgi

Stevo Novkovski

May 5, 2015, 11:43:43 AM5/5/15
to openlitespee...@googlegroups.com
I try to make it works hhvm fastcgi as external application in ols, but i receiving some error as "2015-05-05 15:35:36.034 [ERROR] 127.0.0.1:53478] MIME type [...] for suffix '.php' does not allow serving as static file, access denied!"

Here is my fastcgi setup : http://prntscr.com/71tuws

I installed nginx and tested fastcgi on 9000 port, everything is working fine.

Any suggestion?

George Wang

May 5, 2015, 11:56:50 AM5/5/15
to openlitespee...@googlegroups.com
Just change "Auto Start" to "No", as HHVM has been started manually on
port 9000. "Auto Start" is for starting external application automatically.

Best regards,
George Wang
> --
> Visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/openlitespeed-development.

Stevo Novkovski

May 5, 2015, 2:14:32 PM5/5/15
to openlitespee...@googlegroups.com
Thant`s, that solve my problem.

I can confirm that:

hhvm-3.6.0-1.el7.centos.x86_64
ols 1.4.7
centos 7

works fine now with installed WordPress.
If i find some problems, ill share here.

George Wang

May 5, 2015, 2:19:37 PM5/5/15
to openlitespee...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the confirmation.
We are interested in a benchmark: ols + hhvm vs nginx + hhvm.
If by any chance you did some quick comparison, would like to know the
result.

Best regards,
George Wang

Stevo Novkovski

May 5, 2015, 2:54:23 PM5/5/15
to openlitespee...@googlegroups.com
Since i`m building managed WordPress hosting, i already made some benchmarks before i decide witch technology to go. I tested nginx, ols, varnish with loader.io and i was so surprised that ols outperform all technologies. Interesting thing was that with nginx and varnish i was receiving connection timeouts when high load and with ols, just more wait response time. However i don`t have prove about this but ill make new tests for:

1. OLS + hhvm + wordpress + w3tc + apcu
2. OLS + lsapi php  + wordpress + w3tc + apcu
3. OLS + ols cache

Give me 1 day :)