Upgrading from an existing OLS 1.4 to last version without losing settings

Petrus Balau

Jun 2, 2016, 6:01:17 PM6/2/16
to OpenLiteSpeed Development
I am running OLS 1.4.14 configured with $ ./configure -with-openssl=/usr --enable-http2

How I can update to the last version 1.4.17 without losing settings and the vhosts created? I have a production server.
Also I have compiled different php versions from tools and I use different PHP versions on different sites.

David

Jun 3, 2016, 10:04:38 AM6/3/16
to openlitespee...@googlegroups.com
For OLS (>1.4.0), upgrading is simple.

You just need to use the same parameters for the configure as you installed the current version, such as
./configure -with-openssl=/usr --enable-http2
then
make & make install.
Then everything should be all right and it is done.

And you are encouraged to make a copy of your current $SERVER_ROOT directory just in case any error happens.

Please let me known if you need more help about this.

Thanks.
David

Petrus Balau

Jun 7, 2016, 9:33:40 AM6/7/16
to OpenLiteSpeed Development
Done.
Thanks.

David

Jun 7, 2016, 9:37:52 AM6/7/16
to openlitespee...@googlegroups.com
Nice to hear that. Thanks.
David

On 6/7/2016 9:33 AM, Petrus Balau wrote:
Done.
Thanks.