How to identify unsnapped vertices?

Amatek Teekay

Sep 10, 2015, 8:45:53 AM9/10/15
to openjump-users
Hi everyone,

I am manually creating a large map with Open Jump in wkt format for a java simulator (ONE simulator). The simulation only works if all the crossing vertices are snapped (i.e., where two or more vertices meet). Since the map is large, it is difficult to manually find and snap all the crossing vertices. How can I identify unsnapped vertices?

Sincerely,
Tekena

Jukka Rahkonen

Sep 10, 2015, 9:12:48 AM9/10/15
to openjum...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I would try first the "Network topology cleaning" tool from Plugins -
Topology menu of OpenJUMP Plus. Use the same layer as a reference and as
the layer to be snapped and check boxes Snap nodes to reference and
Modify reference geometry if needed.

It may be good to use first the Noder tool from Tools - Edit geometry
menu.

-Jukka Rahkonen-
> --
> Groups "openjump-users" group.
> send an email to openjump-user...@googlegroups.com.
>

> Links:
> ------
> [1] https://groups.google.com/d/forum/openjump-users?hl=en
> [2] https://groups.google.com/d/optout

Amatek Teekay

Sep 10, 2015, 10:27:45 AM9/10/15
to openjump-users
Thanks Jukka Rahkonen. I just tried it and it says "array index out of bounds".

Jukka Rahkonen

Sep 10, 2015, 10:45:49 AM9/10/15
to openjum...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I also tried it and for me it worked. Please tell:
- exact OpenJUMP version
- java version
- some sample data
- detailed description what you did, perhaps with screen captures

Basically, just everything that is needed so that any stranger can
reproduce your error.

-Jukka-

Amatek Teekay

Sep 10, 2015, 11:25:44 AM9/10/15
to openjump-users
I have attached the wkt file. Apparently, it seems to be happening to only this file.

On Thursday, September 10, 2015 at 8:45:53 PM UTC+8, Amatek Teekay wrote:
routes.wkt
Message has been deleted

ioan...@gmail.com

Jul 18, 2017, 10:58:48 AM7/18/17
to openjump-users
I had the same error using the noder when my layer contained empty geometries.  After that it worked.