OJ and world files

Dvoralai Wulfsohn

Feb 15, 2015, 10:47:35 AM2/15/15
to openjum...@googlegroups.com
Hi

OpenJump is not recognizing jgw world files for jpeg image (image saved as jpeg and world file created using an ImageJ script) and alway asks for the coordinates when uploading the image (as sextante image).

The filename for image and world file is the same, and I am using the .jgw extension.

Using OJ version 1.8.0 rev.4164 PLUS ("as installed").

Do I need another plugin, possibly have an encoding issue or just missing some silly error? I attach an example world file.

olmedo_191214_rgnir_mosaic_NDVI_color_small.jgw

Jukka Rahkonen

Feb 15, 2015, 10:58:17 AM2/15/15
to openjum...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I would try first by renaming .jgw into .tfw. I can't test myself right now.

-Jukka Rahkonen-

Feb 15, 2015, 11:18:45 AM2/15/15
to openjum...@googlegroups.com
Hi again

That does not do it (as one would expect) - still asks for coordinates.
OJ is not "seeing" my jgw file as a world file.

This would happen if one has an error in the name, but as far as I can tell the filenames are exactly the same (I even renamed doing a copy/paste to be sure), and the jgw extension meets the naming convention (also tried jpgw with no success.)

Dvoralai

Jukka Rahkonen

Feb 15, 2015, 12:33:26 PM2/15/15
to openjum...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Try what happens if you feed some coordinates. They do not need to be right ones but perhaps you can discover what Sextante wants to find.

-Jukka Rahkonen-

Feb 16, 2015, 2:51:27 AM2/16/15
to openjum...@googlegroups.com
I checked the world file and I found that there are empty lines between coordinate values. I cancelled these empty lines and everything worked fine.
The  file I attached to this mail should work
Peppe
olmedo_191214_rgnir_mosaic_NDVI_color_small.jgw

Dvoralai Wulfsohn

Feb 16, 2015, 7:42:08 AM2/16/15
to openjum...@googlegroups.com
Dear all

Thank you for all the suggestions. The file Peppe sent works.

Can you tell me how you found and corrected the empty lines? I thought that might be an issue and - in Notebook - deleted spaces between coordinates then did line returns again to get each coordinate on a new line, but that didn't work. I wonder if I missed some special characters.

Dvoralai

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "openjump-users" group.

Dvoralai Wulfsohn
PhD, PEng
Geco Enterprises Ltda
San Vicente T.T., Chile